Thread: Paiste Flat Ride Choice..?

BackStreetDrums Guest

Default Paiste Flat Ride Choice..?

I currently have a vintage 20" 602 Flat Ride. I enjoy flat rides, and found one of three I'd like to purchase, but cannot try (online sales) to get a true feel.

One is a 70's vintage 2002 20" flat, the other a 20" Signature flat, and a 20" Sound Formula Flat
    Which would compliment the 602, and yet offer a different palate?

I am leaning towards the Sound Formula, only because Paiste described this a blend between the Sig series and the 2002

My genre is jazz and light pop style playing.
    Heard sound files of both, but not one to trust files. Prefer to be upfront and personal when selecting, but impossible here.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Paiste Flat Ride Choice..?

I'm also a big fan of flat rides.

My drum teacher in high school had a 20" flat Sound Formula which I always loved. I can't say I've played the others though so I can't compare them.

The only flat ride I actually own is a 22" Meinl Jazz Club with 1 Rivet which is one of my main and favorite cymbals. Sounds very similar to the Sound Formula. Very buttery feel with good definition but a subdude ping. If you really lay into it as a crash it has an amazingly huge wash, almost like a gong but it's always very controllable.

BackStreetDrums Guest

Default Re: Paiste Flat Ride Choice..?

Quote Originally Posted by Exotic Matter View Post
    I'm also a big fan of flat rides.

My drum teacher in high school had a 20" flat Sound Formula which I always loved. I can't say I've played the others though so I can't compare them.

The only flat ride I actually own is a 22" Meinl Jazz Club with 1 Rivet which is one of my main and favorite cymbals. Sounds very similar to the Sound Formula. Very buttery feel with good definition but a subdude ping. If you really lay into it as a crash it has an amazingly huge wash, almost like a gong but it's always very controllable.
    Appreciate your reply. I just pulled the trigger on a SF 20" Flat off ebay.