Thread: Need help with Mapex armory

User Info Menu

Default Need help with Mapex armory

I have a mapex armory kit and I had just bought the armory double bass pedals. I love the pedals and kit but the problem I'm having is that the beater and the bass head don't match up. So the beater would wear down faster on the top half cause the bottom isn't hitting the head. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong setting it up, but you would think being armory gear it would be perfect together.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Need help with Mapex armory

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase! My beaters have never really hit perfectly flat. Most pedals don't. You can buy beaters that align perfectly with the head, but I don't see the point. It won't affect the sound drastically. The wood beaters I use are semi rounded so the beaters hit evenly. If you have your pedal clamped to the hoop and it's functional, that's the way it was meant to be played. Enjoy the new pedal.
    Last edited by FlyByNight; 08-24-2016 at 10:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

The beaters on my Iron Cobra Tama pedals have a beater tilt adjuster. Very cool feature.
    click to see my kit re-veneer/finish
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...168#post379168

User Info Menu

Thanks!

User Info Menu

you might want to mess with the height of the beaters so they strike at a different angle. Make sure the beaters are centered when you clamp the pedal on (this does not necessarily mean the pedal clamp will be centered.) Try beaters that have a tilting head. The Iron cobra ones come to mind.
    Too Much Stuff.