Thread: You must read this.

User Info Menu

Default You must read this.

Saw this on facebook this morning, almost spit my coffee out.

User Info Menu

Default Re: You must read this.

hahahaha

User Info Menu

Ringo is the richest not the best.

User Info Menu

Poor Ringo... Always the butt of the drummer jokes. LOL!
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

To ME... he is the Greatest Drummer in the world . I love the guy . I know he would NEVER play like Gadd or Mangini and I don't expect him to ... nor do I judge him for not being able too . Kind of like Keith Richards...not a fan of the guy but I like the IDEA of a Keith Richards . Sort of like the Boogeyman or a metronome .... some don't believe in it and others are afraid of it . LOL !
    Yea... Ringo Rules !!
    And so does Buddy !

User Info Menu

Not a huge Beatles fan but I do think Ringo is underappreciated. He played what was right for the music and some of it was more technical and/or creative than people realize.

User Info Menu

Haha. To non drummers he may seem the best, but you need to be a drummer to judge a drummer. I really liked what he was doing on their first album though.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

So what. He was one quarter of the the GREATEST band in the the history of recorded music. I'd take that any day!

all the best..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    Poor Ringo... Always the butt of the drummer jokes. LOL!
    They way I see it Buddy is the butt of this joke because he assumed the letter was for him.

User Info Menu

Pearl Exports are the best kit ever.

They must be.....after all, it was the most popular set ever sold.
    "The problem with information on the Internet is that you can not validate it's authenticity. " -Abraham Lincoln

SILVERFOX DRUMSTICKS & SOULTONE CYMBALS Endorsing Artist.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    Haha. To non drummers he may seem the best, but you need to be a drummer to judge a drummer. I really liked what he was doing on their first album though.
    Not at all. Music is created and distributed for a general audience to enjoy. Therefore, that general audience has a right and duty to judge what is being marketed to them.

Of course, a non drummer will be judging drummers with a different criteria than a drummer, but that doesn't mean that can't judge.

On a side note, any conversation on "who is the best" must first clearly define what "best" means. Without such intention, you will find that people are arguing whether apples or wasps produce the more tender meat.

User Info Menu

Ringo does get a bad rap, but so does Charlie Watts.. but what's amazing to me 50+ years later they are both still playing and performing.

User Info Menu

Lol!

User Info Menu

Ringo is the most versatile drummer that I know off and he has shown that over the years with the many Albums the Beatles have produced and the different styles that Ringo has shown us that he can play. So he is great drummer not the best but talented and rich.

User Info Menu

OP...is pretty funny actually.

Humility was never one of Buddy's virtues. LOL

all the best...