Quote Originally Posted by cabasner View Post
NPYYZ: so, how have you been doing? I know it's only been a few weeks since your last post, and things sounded good. I've been off the drums for 5 weeks now, broken left leg. I had surgery 3 weeks ago to have a pin put into my left tibia, and I'm still on the 'no weight' part of my recovery. I'm a righty, so that leg is my high hat pedal leg. My kit is upstairs, and I haven't been able to get up the stairs since the leg broke, and I can barely remember what my kit looks like! Don't know what it's going to be like once I can start to put weight back on the leg...maybe by the end of next week I'll get some good news from the doc. This is the first time I've ever broken a bone, and it STINKS!!! Been off work for 5 weeks, and housebound during this recovery. Everyone, please be careful and don't break anything...it's no fun at ALL!!!!
Sorry to hear about your leg. I'm doing pretty good now. I was away from my kit for 10 weeks then i got the all clear and started playing but I had some constant pain for about two weeks so I stopped. I was going to stay away from the kit for a couple months but the pain went away so I tried it again but this time i took breaks instead of doing a marathon. That seems to be the answer for now. Hope you heel up soon.