Thread: Cracked my first cymbal

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Default Re: Cracked my first cymbal

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    I bought the cymbal because I liked the sound. That's what matters. I shouldn't have to worry about getting bashed for that here.
    You're right, you shouldn't. This has all gotten out of hand. I've heard drilling can help, or at least delay the inevitable. It's worth a try. I hope it works for you.

[Quote= Ricardo] Artisans..................I should have guessed and stand corrected. Way to much money do Sabians..........and you break them?"

Too much money? Yeah they're pricey, but they are ridiculously good, and no I haven't broken a cymbal in five or six years. It was an 18" HH thin crash so not quite as expensive as an Artisan (I still cried), but it was my favorite cymbal for 15 years and I never found another that sounded just like it. I "settled" for an 18" HHX Manhattan, which is close, but not the same. I just started playing the Artisans this year, and hopefully many more years to come. Cymbals are unique and difficult to get two that sound identical. It's hard to replace a favorite.
    Last edited by SunDog; 10-02-2016 at 09:13 PM.

Collectors Black Ice Finishply
    10x8,12x9,15x12,16x14,20x18,24x16
    14X6 Collectors 10 and 6 snare Natural Satin
    14x8 Collectors Black Nickel over Brass