Thread: Got to meet one of my drumming hero's tonight

User Info Menu

Default Got to meet one of my drumming hero's tonight

While the videos I post here are from the blues band I play for, one of my biggest hero's is a drummer for a country band - Keech Rainwater from Lonestar.

The band played in my hometown tonight, and I scored some meet and greet passes right before the show. I didn't get to talk long, but it was awesome getting to meet him.

Below are a few shots of the kit he played tonight. I'm going to upload a solo he did to youtube and post it later.

Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Got to meet one of my drumming hero's tonight

Here's the drum solo he did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n01aOVYwEso
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Impressive solo. I like the plexi glass that he has in front of his cymbals etc which is very limited compared to full frontal wall that I have seen on other drummer's kits.

User Info Menu

yeah those cymbal shield are sweet.

User Info Menu

They really were. That kit sounded sweet too. I loved the tuning on the toms.

Here's the photo from the meet and greet. They only allowed one photo and my poor wife had her eyes closed lol

Birds eye view of his kit

Last edited by DrumWhipper; 10-23-2016 at 01:08 PM.