Thread: Bobby Vee has passed away

User Info Menu

Default Bobby Vee has passed away

Bobby Vee’s storied music career involved a who’s who of rock ’n’ roll heroes, including Buddy Holly, Bob Dylan and the Beatles. Even after his own teen-idol fame and Billboard chart success, though, he famously remained a humble, hard-working Midwesterner who settled into a quiet life in St. Joseph, Minn., with his wife of more than 50 years, Karen.

Vee, 73, died early Monday morning of complications from Alzheimer’s disease. He had been in hospice care at a facility in Rogers, according to the St. Cloud Times.

http://www.startribune.com/minnesota...e/398202731/#1
    Last edited by DrumWhipper; 10-24-2016 at 04:25 PM.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Bobby Vee has passed away

RIP
    Alsheimer's is a horrible disease.
    Read the article, can't say I recognized his name but he had a great list of feats!

User Info Menu

Never heard of him but still another musicians leaves us. Alzheimer's disease seems to be more on the rise in the last decades. Everyone should be aware of the signs of it especially in the elders. RIP Bobby Vee.

User Info Menu

I clearly remember my older sister playing her Bobby Vee records in the house:

Take Good Care of My Baby...........and...........Rubber Ball.

Great pop music.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)