Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Announcing: My new band

User Info Menu

Default Re: Announcing: My new band

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    I just woke up and the day is half over. I have to regain my stamina. I'm beat up. LOL
    I find that this is the hardest part of it as we age, especially for us drummers who get to the gig early, leave late, and except for the sound guys have the most equipment to lug around. The worst for me is having to wake up and go to work on Monday after a 3 to 4 gig weekend.

The kit looks great by the way!

Best of luck to you and your band in your future endeavors ...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dangermoney View Post
    I find that this is the hardest part of it as we age, especially for us drummers who get to the gig early, leave late, and except for the sound guys have the most equipment to lug around. The worst for me is having to wake up and go to work on Monday after a 3 to 4 gig weekend.

The kit looks great by the way!

Best of luck to you and your band in your future endeavors ...
    Thanks, DM! Even though I'm first in/last out I still help move the PA if I've got all my gear stowed and there's still some big rocks to move. The guitar player owns all the PA gear and we all use it so I feel obligated. You are working way harder than I. WTG, on your musical success.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

That's fantastic, Bish!
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Congrats Bish! Glad the gig went well, and love both kits you posted.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Good choice on those Red Star Classics Bish, although your couldn't really go wrong. I'm sure the red looked striking on stage, though. I'm also glad to read that after 4 years of waiting, it was a great time.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Glad everything went well Bish, but, going by that picture, you do have to at least look like you are enjoying yourself.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    You are doing the right thing. That kind of behavior never works for a business and it's just going to get worse for them. Don't hold yourselves accountable as you know what you can do.
    Keep up what your doing. You know the music is good.
    Thanks Bish.
    We have three dates booked right now with the best club in town that pays twice as much...............and their sound and lights are also much better.
    Ironically, the guy that owns the club that shorted us has a band that also plays at the good club.

I always wondered why a guy would play in a band at a club that competes with his own business................must be good drugs.
    Now you know at least part of the reason his business is headed downhill.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

Rick, I swear I was all smiles all night long. It figures the one picture snaps show me deep in thought. But it appears that's my 'rockin' it out face.'

Grrrrr
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    Thanks Bish.
    We have three dates booked right now with the best club in town that pays twice as much...............and their sound and lights are also much better.
    Ironically, the guy that owns the club that shorted us has a band that also plays at the good club.

I always wondered why a guy would play in a band at a club that competes with his own business................must be good drugs.
    Now you know at least part of the reason his business is headed downhill.
    Good deal. I'm glad you are staying busy. I'm sure Karma will get that guy sooner or later.
    Signature here