Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Re-Curved TV's

User Info Menu

Default Re-Curved TV's

My TV came yesterday and I set it up last night.

Besides the obvious difference in size, there is a fairly good sized difference in the picture.

The clarity is much sharper, the blacks are BLACK which makes the contrast that much more vivid and creates a depth that my 46" that was there can't compare with, and that TV had a great picture and is going in my bedroom.

Of course modern technology means that what I just bought will be obsolete in about 20 minutes, a 1/2 hour if I'm lucky (just like my marriages).

They are slick with all the bells and whistles, and when I think back to distant memories of watching a 13" Philco with rabbit ears, it brings back the fun of having 4 people pulling their chairs closer to the TV so you could see The Honeymooners.

I remember watching this episode of the Honeymooners, and my family laughing so hard at Ed Norton (Art Carney). It was classic.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Re-Curved TV's

Enjoy!!!!

User Info Menu

Congratulations!
    I love TV.

User Info Menu

Signature here

User Info Menu

I Love the Honeymooners. I have the lost episodes too.
    Classic TV. It's what the hit 1960's Flintstones cartoons were based on.
    Last edited by Olimpass; 12-11-2016 at 09:07 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    My TV came yesterday and I set it up last night.

Besides the obvious difference in size, there is a fairly good sized difference in the picture.

The clarity is much sharper, the blacks are BLACK which makes the contrast that much more vivid and creates a depth that my 46" that was there can't compare with, and that TV had a great picture and is going in my bedroom.

Of course modern technology means that what I just bought will be obsolete in about 20 minutes, a 1/2 hour if I'm lucky (just like my marriages).

They are slick with all the bells and whistles, and when I think back to distant memories of watching a 13" Philco with rabbit ears, it brings back the fun of having 4 people pulling their chairs closer to the TV so you could see The Honeymooners.

I remember watching this episode of the Honeymooners, and my family laughing so hard at Ed Norton (Art Carney). It was classic.
    I love the one where Ralph is trying to learn how to golf and Norton shows him what "address the ball" means...hilarious.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by npyyz View Post
    i love the one where ralph is trying to learn how to golf and norton shows him what "address the ball" means...hilarious.

hello ball!!!!!

User Info Menu

ME tv is going to start showing CHiP's Monday. Did anybody watch the **** Van Dyke show that CBS showed in prime time the other night? It was colorized and looked great.
    Last edited by slinky; 12-13-2016 at 08:15 AM.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Pics or I don't believe that you really got one.

User Info Menu

Pocket if he says he gone one then he got one lol.

User Info Menu

one of my faves

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Pics or I don't believe that you really got one.

Marc, I'd be willing to bet that if the salesman who said there was no great difference between flat screen and curved 2 years ago, would change his tune today.

For technology, 2 years is a long time. The curved screen I bought, when I hooked it up (very easy to do) being that everything nowadays is wireless. When I turned it on, the difference in the picture jumps out at you, and I thought the picture on my 46" was really good.

WHAT I DON'T LIKE. The remote control. In their effort to make it easier to work the TV, they have made it a pain to get to things that you want, so I have almost everything running through the cable box remote.

I really like it, but 1 would think that for the cost, they would give you a case of Johnny Walker and a blonde.

User Info Menu

That's awesome Rick. Technology does change quickly so things most certainly have improved since I was in the market for a flat screen. Enjoy!!!! You'll have a nice crisp clean view of the Redskins beating up on the Cowgirlz in the playoffs.

User Info Menu

lol Romo nomo, doesn't matter really now that Dak is running the show.

RAIDERS!
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

That's awesome Rick. Technology does change quickly so things most certainly have improved since I was in the market for a flat screen. Enjoy!!!! You'll have a nice crisp clean view of the Redskins beating up on the Cowgirlz in the playoffs.
    [QUOTE=slinky;696940]lol Romo nomo, doesn't matter really now that Dak is running the show.

All time it's Dallas 68 wins, Redskins 44, but the 'skins do better in the playoffs against Dallas.

Dak better be on his game or the 'Boy's will lose.

He was terrible Sunday night.

User Info Menu

I grew up in Dallas.
    In the old original Cotton Bowl on the East side, I got into the spare seats in the end zone for one dollar and my high school ID............I'm not joking.
    I also saw the Pro Bowl in the first year of the Texas Stadium in Irving.........the two starting quarterbacks that year were Staubach and Namath.
    I was a very loyal fan for many years; the lineage of Dallas Cowboys quarterbacks is awesome..............

Meredith - check;
    Staubach - check;
    White - check;
    Aikman - check;
    Romo................wait, what ?
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    I grew up in Dallas.
    In the old original Cotton Bowl on the East side, I got into the spare seats in the end zone for one dollar and my high school ID............I'm not joking.
    I also saw the Pro Bowl in the first year of the Texas Stadium in Irving.........the two starting quarterbacks that year were Staubach and Namath.
    I was a very loyal fan for many years; the lineage of Dallas Cowboys quarterbacks is awesome..............

Meredith - check;
    Staubach - check;
    White - check;
    Aikman - check;
    Romo................wait, what ?

Romo has the 3rd highest quarterback rating in history.

If he had the team that Troy had, he would have strolled into the HOF.

Also, don't forget Drew and Vinnie.

User Info Menu

The dude has only won 2 playoff games his entire career. Appeared in only 6.

User Info Menu

might be forever known for dropping the field goal snap in the 06 wild card game
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

This thread has officially been hijacked:

User Info Menu

Sorry gentlemen, but Aaron Rogers is back.

User Info Menu

Too late. GB is toast.

User Info Menu

Too late. GB is toast.
    yeah, I know. They're going to end up 10-6 and not make the playoffs because they stunk the place up for too many weeks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by G-man View Post
    yeah, I know. They're going to end up 10-6 and not make the playoffs because they stunk the place up for too many weeks.
    If they go 10-6....they're in.

User Info Menu

To get back on track, I love what I see in the 4K curved TV's, and I'm waiting for the next tech leap so that I can pick one up for a good closeout price.

Congrats on your new TV Rick.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!