Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did Santa bring any fun drum stuff this year?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Did Santa bring any fun drum stuff this year?

Quote Originally Posted by tkhollywood View Post
    Well haven't gotten it yet. Need some input. Last year when I bought the new kit, I wimped out and bought Zildjan ZBT cymbal pack. Just trying to save money. Big mistake. So far I replace the 16" crash with a K med thin dark crash, and I really like the way it sounds so know I neeed another crash to pair it with and a new ride. What are your opinions. Mostly play country and classic rock. Thanks for your input.
    Since you like K's, might consider the 18" K dark thin crash to pair with your 16". I have one of these and it works well with modern country and classic rock ...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by -bongos- View Post
    The short answer for me would be no. However I did get a present for myself a couple weeks ago. A Ludwig Supraphonic LM402 was an early Christmas gift to myself. I'll forgo the pictures, as it seems every time I upload one it comes in a giant format.

Did anyone else get something special under the tree this year?
    Nothing fancy...but I'm really happy with what I did get: 24" coated PS3 bass drum head. I wanted to try something coated instead of the usual clear PS3. Very warm with slightly less attack. Just what the doctor ordered!

Happy 2017, folks!

Rich
    DW drums and Paiste cymbals.

User Info Menu

I got a $100 gift card that's issued by my local "mom and pop" music store. Saving it for a 20" Zildjian Dark K ride.