Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A christmas Trip to the Memphis Drum Shop

User Info Menu

Default Re: A christmas Trip to the Memphis Drum Shop

I found myself in Memphis today for work, and finally made it into the shop. The showroom was not as big as I expected, but that is ok. Quality over quantity. But it still one of the biggest drum shops I've seen. I came in looking for a nice snare. I had a few in mind, but did not have anything picked out. The staff was very helpful. You can tell that they really care about their instruments. The associate handled the drums with gloves on. Every drum I tried had the factory head swapped to a coated ambassador, as to not mark up the factory skin, and I would assume to give an equal sound comparison. I was able to demo the drums in their cymbal room on a nice Pearl Reference kit, and had my choice of cymbals in the room. I kept it simple with just a ride and a set of hats. After playing around for about 30 minutes, I decided a Noble and Cooley oak snare needed a new home.

IMG_1720.jpg

Big shout out to Ryan for all his help and excellent service.

User Info Menu

Default Re: A christmas Trip to the Memphis Drum Shop

WooHoo..................nice purchase................that is a pretty snare drum.
    Yes, the staff (and inventory) at TMDS is very good...................easily in the top three drum shops I've visited.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)