Thread: Supralite

User Info Menu

Default Supralite

https://flic.kr/p/QTxh3e

This is the Supralite I got.

$125 new off e-bay.

I wanted to put pic's up from top and bottom but dealing with photobucket and flickr are a pain in the a$$.
    Last edited by rickthedrummer; 01-03-2017 at 07:26 PM. Reason: ===

User Info Menu

Default Re: Supralite

Sweet! I'm with you on Photobucket. I can't sign on to their site without my phone freezing, LOL. I tried Imgur but it's too confusing...even with the App.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Rick to me they are easily the best deal i have seen in drums.. i have the 13" version and love it. Only change i made was adding nylon washers to the tension rods.. they bind a bit with just the metal washers. And the stock ludwig head is just the best head ever...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Icetech View Post
    Rick to me they are easily the best deal i have seen in drums.. i have the 13" version and love it. Only change i made was adding nylon washers to the tension rods.. they bind a bit with just the metal washers. And the stock ludwig head is just the best head ever...

It is a nice drum for the money.

As for heads on my snares, I use Diplomats and if I have black heads, I'll use a Aquarian Jack DeJohnette.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    It is a nice drum for the money.

As for heads on my snares, I use Diplomats and if I have black heads, I'll use a Aquarian Jack DeJohnette.
    I agree, great for the money!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    https://flic.kr/p/QTxh3e

This is the Supralite I got.

$125 new off e-bay.

I wanted to put pic's up from top and bottom but dealing with photobucket and flickr are a pain in the a$$.
    Rick....

When you look at the picture in your link, notice the "flying arrow" in the lower right corner. Click that arrow. It will pop up a box with a link in it. Change the resolution in the drop down to 1024 X 576 if it's not already. Up in the link make sure you highlight it all and right click and choose copy on the "blue text" which is the link data, come to the post and paste it. That will show the image like this....

Last edited by Bish; 01-06-2017 at 08:13 PM.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Nice drum by the way!!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Nice drum Rick! Why did you not post this in the Ludwig thread? I like the tube lugs.

User Info Menu

Nice indeed. I've heard a lot of good about these drums. They sure look like good drums at a good price.

User Info Menu

Note: I might have forgotten to mention, in the link box on Flickr, you need to be using BBCode as the option that sits across the top of that pop up box, far right.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Rick....

When you look at the picture in your link, notice the "flying arrow" in the lower right corner. Click that arrow. It will pop up a box with a link in it. Change the resolution in the drop down to 1024 X 576 if it's not already. Up in the link make sure you highlight it all and right click and choose copy on the "blue text" which is the link data, come to the post and paste it. That will show the image like this....

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Note: I might have forgotten to mention, in the link box on Flickr, you need to be using BBCode as the option that sits across the top of that pop up box, far right.

I'll have to look at that. Thanks Bish!

User Info Menu

I have one, 3 years old, 8" X 14". Only change I made was to add a die-cast batter hoop. Have mercy what a sound ! Full range of dynamics available. I used to have a 3" X 13" piccolo snare. I left it , on a stand, close to the SupraLite over the weekend.

The Supralite ate it! Left a few washers, some pieces of the heads, broken snare strands, etc. The stand jumped out the window and ran off according to what a neighbor told me. I've tracked to some woods, but haven't pursued it further. I can only imagine the trauma !!

User Info Menu

Darn fine snare drum that. I want one too.

Acoustic & Electronic:
    Pearl Prestige World Series WLX 1988
    Tama Swingstar 1983
    Tama Superstar Hyper-Drive (Birch) 2007
    Ludwig Acrolite Snare 1976
    Ludwig Supraphonic 6.5x14" 2021
    Pearl Sensitone Elite Aluminum 5.5" and 6.5" Snare
    Pearl COB Custom Deluxe [Gladstone] (75-76) Snare
    Love Drum Co. Hammered Steel 5.5" Snare
    Roland TD-1KV

Paiste
    Accent 8"

Paiste Signature:
    6", 10" Splash
    14" Dark Crisp Hi-Hats
    14" Sound Edge Hi-Hats
    16", 17", 18",19", 20" Full Crash
    22" Symphonic Med-Heavy (use as a Ride)

Paiste Formula 602:
    22" Formula 602 Modern Essentials Ride

Paiste 2oo2:
    22" Ride
    16" Crash
    8",10" Splash

Paiste 2oo2 Big Beat:
    15" Hi-Hats
    19", 20", 21" Big Beat Multifunctional

Paiste Sound Formula:
    16" Crash
    20" Full Ride (Frankenstein)

Paiste Twenty:
    16" China

Paiste Alpha (original Swiss made):
    12" Splash

Paiste PST7:
    Medium
    16", 18" Crash
    20" Ride
    14" Hi-Hats

Sabian:
    XS20 18" China
    AA 14" Fusion Hi-Hats

User Info Menu

I picked up a used 14x8 last week for $120. I put new heads on it but haven't had a chance to gig with it yet.
    -Brian

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    I picked up a used 14x8 last week for $120. I put new heads on it but haven't had a chance to gig with it yet.
    Brian, for the money, it's a hell of a snare drum.

User Info Menu

Rick, I had some issues with the screws in the butt plate being too long. It looked to me like a factory issue, but who knows. I posted pics and description of the issue in the Ludwig drum thread. Curious if you noticed anything similar with yours?

Regardless, it was an easy fix, and I agree. It really seems like a fantastic snare. The looks of the deep 14x8 with the tube lugs alone is worth the price.

Now....if I could just play it like you can, I'd be completely happy.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Here's the 14x8;
    IMG_0829.jpg
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Rick, I had some issues with the screws in the butt plate being too long. It looked to me like a factory issue, but who knows. I posted pics and description of the issue in the Ludwig drum thread. Curious if you noticed anything similar with yours?

Regardless, it was an easy fix, and I agree. It really seems like a fantastic snare. The looks of the deep 14x8 with the tube lugs alone is worth the price.

Now....if I could just play it like you can, I'd be completely happy.

Brian, I went over mine and everything is in order.

"Now....if I could just play it like you can, I'd be completely happy".

You can. Just have to do it.