Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you prefer a virgin...

User Info Menu

Default Re: Do you prefer a virgin...

^I have that same issue right now with my Ludwig. I have a splash on the bass drum and every time I kick I hear it move and make sound. Drives me nuts but I don't want to add another stand. So I deal with it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    ^I have that same issue right now with my Ludwig. I have a splash on the bass drum and every time I kick I hear it move and make sound. Drives me nuts but I don't want to add another stand. So I deal with it.
    Spaz, I have a splash, a 14x10 tom, and my ride all mounted on my BD and when I kick it, I hear nothing but the BD.

User Info Menu

I also have one tom mounted on the bass drum along with the splash... I'll take a video of it because I feel like you're calling me a liar :P haha jk

If I flip my wing nut upside down and crank it so the cymbal can't move the cymbal doesn't make any noise... or movement for that case

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    I also have one tom mounted on the bass drum along with the splash... I'll take a video of it because I feel like you're calling me a liar :P haha jk

If I flip my wing nut upside down and crank it so the cymbal can't move the cymbal doesn't make any noise... or movement for that case
    We hard hitters make the house shake!
    Last edited by FlyByNight; 02-13-2017 at 08:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

If you have solid boom arms, cymbal mounts, etc. then they probably won't be effected much. However, if you have open tubes like Pearl tom arms that are vented internally to the bass drum (especially with an un-ported reso), the internal air displaced by the kick has to go somewhere. It travels up the tube arms and creates a significant force when it hits the tilter at the end.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

I use a rack so I took my mounts off, that's the only reason for me.

User Info Menu

Have a 10", and 12" tom plus a 16" crash and a 10"splash mounted on my bass an I have no complaints it is what it is......

Jim
    Premier XPK Drums
    10, 12, 13, 14, 16 Suspended toms
    22 bass drum
    5 x 14 snare
    Premier Hardware
    Offset Double Pedal
    Sabian, Meniel cymbals
    Tama Metalworks 6.5 x 14" Black Nickel snare
    Ahead Drum Cases