Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Would you do it?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Would you do it?

The Torch Club is still alive!! What great memories!

User Info Menu

what brand is Vinnie playing? thought he was on the DW train
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    what brand is Vinnie playing? thought he was on the DW train
    Looks like he's a dDrum endorsee, Evans heads and Vic Firth sticks.

User Info Menu

I was informed by text message that our bass player bailed and it's down to me and the guitar player. I think we just hit the ol' "fork in the road". We're going to take a few weeks off from jamming to think about life.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    I was informed by text message that our bass player bailed and it's down to me and the guitar player. I think we just hit the ol' "fork in the road".
    Bummer......................it happens way too often.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear Rich... RDM is in the process of a band revamp... and it's been in so many words not so fun lately. Slim our bass player has moved on to his rockabilly roots. It was a big blow for me. He is the best bass player I've ever did music with he just has the instinct and lack of a different phrase "Solid like a Rock" killer bass lines and Tone.

We all are still good friends so that is a good thing. Our new bassist is picking up the songs quick and we also have a shredding guitarist added to the mix. Our work is definitely cut out for us but were working though it.

New shows coming up soooooon too. Hopefully not too soon. I think we'll be good though
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    Bummer......................it happens way too often.
    Yes it does...

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    Sorry to hear Rich... RDM is in the process of a band revamp... and it's been in so many words not so fun lately. Slim our bass player has moved on to his rockabilly roots. It was a big blow for me. He is the best bass player I've ever did music with he just has the instinct and lack of a different phrase "Solid like a Rock" killer bass lines and Tone.

We all are still good friends so that is a good thing. Our new bassist is picking up the songs quick and we also have a shredding guitarist added to the mix. Our work is definitely cut out for us but were working though it.

New shows coming up soooooon too. Hopefully not too soon. I think we'll be good though
    That's great you guys found a new bass player! As a fledgling band, we have nothing to draw others into the fold. No track record of successful gigs to lure the working musician in.

User Info Menu

There is never anything wrong with throwing your hat in the ring when you are looking to extend yourself in some way. You just need to be psychologically prepared for what your ego would receive as rejection, and go into the situation knowing that what you do have to offer is something that will exist and develop with or without the gig you are going for.