Thread: Double pedal

User Info Menu

Default Double pedal

I have a generic double pedal as my first, the right pedal feels good, but the left food pedal feels tight to me. I have it adjusted as loose as it will go. Could it just be the tension from the length of the arm ? And is there anything I can do ?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Double pedal

How do you have the pedals layed out? If they're close to perpendicular, then that's your problem If you bend that U linkage too much it'll really restrict the movement.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

there's a lot of factors with the double bass pedal.

When you say to tight.. you mean to fast?!
    Or tight like stiff and doesn't like to move?

Any photos of your pedal and setup?

User Info Menu

Will see if I can send a pic. Tight as in stiff. I have it laid out fairly straight, not a lot of bend. Just enough to move my foot from the hats to it.

User Info Menu

I would try greasing or lubing the u linkage and the bearings in the pedal. It might be a little tough to get to the bearings. If you pull the beater back and let it swing, does it stop quickly or does it keep moving back and forth?
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Duh me....was dumb of me not to think of lubricating. Was new, so my brain didn't go there.

User Info Menu

check to make sure the cams aren't touching

scottyp is offline Senior Member (Respected Chatter)

User Info Menu

What are the beaters made of? do they have the little beater weights on them? that makes a big difference. The looser I have my pedals the tighter I keep my head so I still have rebound. Also are you pushing down at the heel block or up at the top?

If the springs are backed off they shouldn't feel that tight. What type of pedals are they? A video would be great. I use nye oil to lube my axis pedals