Thread: Home-Made Bass Drum Anchor -- photos

User Info Menu

Default Home-Made Bass Drum Anchor -- photos

Cut from a black milk crate.............extremely light-weight and rigid.
    Velcro hooks held in place with golf-club epoxy..............needs 400 degrees to let go.
    It may not be pretty, but I've played with this thing about four hours and the bass drum doesn't move...................

Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Default Re: Home-Made Bass Drum Anchor -- photos

Very clever idea!!

User Info Menu

Thank you but I will pass the credit to my friends here at DC.
    I was looking for the MAPA anchor, which is the same basic idea.............made from light steel in Germany and next-to-impossible to find.
    A few of the more innovative characters here at DC suggested I make it myself...............so I looked at some options and gave it a try.
    Darn thing works very well and is not harmful to drum rug or reso hoop............bass drum is now exceptionally stable, even with double-pedal.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian

User Info Menu

Coolio

User Info Menu

Good Stuff

User Info Menu

Very cool!

User Info Menu

Just take off your lead filled shoes when you play... lol j/k

Do some nice sanding and it'll be pretty as can be Nice fix

User Info Menu

I don't understand how this works. Is that little tiny piece of velcro supposed to grip your rug enough to keep the kick drum from moving? Do you have a pic of this being used?
    Drummer for Almondy Brown and Redeemer Church of Lakeland | Session Artist | Private Instructor
    Facebook.com/PerryEarlDrums
    Instagram.com/PerryEarlDrums
    Twitter.com/PerryEarlDrums
    AlmondyBrown.com

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGoRound View Post
    I don't understand how this works. Is that little tiny piece of velcro supposed to grip your rug enough to keep the kick drum from moving? Do you have a pic of this being used?
    Yes -- that photo is only a bit larger than scale so the Velcro strip measures 4 inches.
    Place the device on your drum rug (best on loop carpet) with the longer end flat and step on the Velcro hooks................set your bass drum on the device with the reso hoop against the lip..............adjust your spurs down into the rug and try not to raise the shell off the device.

Works like a charm..............I've worked on my kit for seven hours since making this contraption and the drum moved 1/4 inch.
    Last edited by Ricardo; 02-08-2017 at 12:25 PM.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian

User Info Menu

If needed, you could always epoxy or glue a small piece of flat plastic on the bottom. Then you would have a flat, smooth area that you could attach several more Velcro strips to. You can now see how well Velcro actually works on a drum rug! My Pearl Demon pedal has a one-piece flat base. With a couple strips of Velcro on the bottom, the thing sticks to the rug like it's nailed down, LOL.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    If needed, you could always epoxy or glue a small piece of flat plastic on the bottom. Then you would have a flat, smooth area that you could attach several more Velcro strips to. You can now see how well Velcro actually works on a drum rug! My Pearl Demon pedal has a one-piece flat base. With a couple strips of Velcro on the bottom, the thing sticks to the rug like it's nailed down, LOL.
    My back-up plan was to cut a slot at the bottom of the vertical lip and loop another Velcro strip on the front-half of the sole plate.
    I don't think I'm going to need it..................the anchor gets the first gig test Saturday night, Feb 18th.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian

User Info Menu

I just put velcro on the underside of the pedal,no more problem.