Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum Upgrade

User Info Menu

Default Re: Forum Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by su_admin View Post
    New comments noted. We will address everything as we can get to it.

As it always goes with change, it will be hard to please everyone. The forum change has more to do with being up to date and compatible with all browsers and mobile functionality then it has to do with design. That said, changes will continue to be made moving forward but we are on no timeline with aesthetics. We hope that you also appreciate the new improvements with regard to images, video, speed and mobile compatibility among other things. The are lots of improvements with this new, upgraded software!
    Thank you.
    It is welcomed.

User Info Menu

When I attach a picture, the choose file button shows up and I can select the picture directly from my phone, but there is no OK button to get out of that screen. So I can't post pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Testing 1 2 3 DSCF1160.jpg So it appears I can post pictures. I regret to say that due to health reasons I had to sell this kit but I will still bee going by Zickos. I may change my avatar.

User Info Menu

It's just so... BIG

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Xeno View Post
    It's just so... BIG
    Is this one of those times where someone says, "That what she said!" ?? LOL

Well, one thing I can say, us old guys who's eyesight sucks, it's not a bad thing.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Congrats to the mods!! The new Forum Is beautiful and very easy to work, especially posting photos. You knocked this one out of the park.
    Drumming is the best psychiatry.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kaosotis View Post
    Is the forum now Tapatalk compatible for those of us that use it on our phones?
    You shouldn't need it. This new DrumChat is "responsive" and so it should work really well on all mobile devices.

User Info Menu

Tom, I noticed since the new upgrade of the forum that the activities on the forum have dropped by a lot. I am not complaining or anything it is that because there are fewer post it is kind of boring. I think without the shout box it makes it less attractive for some members who like to read about the weather around the world and how it affects our members here. Just sayin..

User Info Menu

Let's see if I can figure out how to post a pic...
    IMG_0730.jpg

WOW! That feature alone is WELL worth the upgrade!
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    Tom, I noticed since the new upgrade of the forum that the activities on the forum have dropped by a lot. I am not complaining or anything it is that because there are fewer post it is kind of boring. I think without the shout box it makes it less attractive for some members who like to read about the weather around the world and how it affects our members here. Just sayin..

I'm not nearly as active as I used to be, but if I'm being honest, I really dislike the new layout. It's very unpleasant to my eyes and quite frankly it keeps me from checking in more often. Now, of course I don't expect the admins to change anything to suit me or anyone else but the background and colors are very distracting.

User Info Menu

The upgrade is nice however the background pict is visually distracting.
    As pleasing and calming as it may be, it has nothing to do with Drums.
    Going with a plain white background would be the best choice visually.
    27 inch iMac 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9 40GB Ram - macOS Big Sur 11.6.1
    Logic Pro X 10.7.0 - UA Apollo X6 - UAD-2 Quad Core Satellite TB3
    MOTU 8Pre USB - Yamaha HS7 - MAudio Axiom 61 2nd Gen

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mdee View Post
    The upgrade is nice however the background pict is visually distracting.
    As pleasing and calming as it may be, it has nothing to do with Drums.
    Going with a plain white background would be the best choice visually.
    White white white. Argh my poor eyeballs.

Acoustic & Electronic:
    Pearl Prestige World Series WLX 1988
    Tama Swingstar 1983
    Tama Superstar Hyper-Drive (Birch) 2007
    Ludwig Acrolite Snare 1976
    Ludwig Supraphonic 6.5x14" 2021
    Pearl Sensitone Elite Aluminum 5.5" and 6.5" Snare
    Pearl COB Custom Deluxe [Gladstone] (75-76) Snare
    Love Drum Co. Hammered Steel 5.5" Snare
    Roland TD-1KV

Paiste
    Accent 8"

Paiste Signature:
    6", 10" Splash
    14" Dark Crisp Hi-Hats
    14" Sound Edge Hi-Hats
    16", 17", 18",19", 20" Full Crash
    22" Symphonic Med-Heavy (use as a Ride)

Paiste Formula 602:
    22" Formula 602 Modern Essentials Ride

Paiste 2oo2:
    22" Ride
    16" Crash
    8",10" Splash

Paiste 2oo2 Big Beat:
    15" Hi-Hats
    19", 20", 21" Big Beat Multifunctional

Paiste Sound Formula:
    16" Crash
    20" Full Ride (Frankenstein)

Paiste Twenty:
    16" China

Paiste Alpha (original Swiss made):
    12" Splash

Paiste PST7:
    Medium
    16", 18" Crash
    20" Ride
    14" Hi-Hats

Sabian:
    XS20 18" China
    AA 14" Fusion Hi-Hats

User Info Menu

Personally, I like the new set up. I'm more active on this site because it is easier to post pics. Re: the background picture, Maybe it could be changed from time to time. I used to be on another site that did that
    Drumming is the best psychiatry.

User Info Menu

I get this page automatically appearing after every time I log in.

dcerror.jpg

Acoustic & Electronic:
    Pearl Prestige World Series WLX 1988
    Tama Swingstar 1983
    Tama Superstar Hyper-Drive (Birch) 2007
    Ludwig Acrolite Snare 1976
    Ludwig Supraphonic 6.5x14" 2021
    Pearl Sensitone Elite Aluminum 5.5" and 6.5" Snare
    Pearl COB Custom Deluxe [Gladstone] (75-76) Snare
    Love Drum Co. Hammered Steel 5.5" Snare
    Roland TD-1KV

Paiste
    Accent 8"

Paiste Signature:
    6", 10" Splash
    14" Dark Crisp Hi-Hats
    14" Sound Edge Hi-Hats
    16", 17", 18",19", 20" Full Crash
    22" Symphonic Med-Heavy (use as a Ride)

Paiste Formula 602:
    22" Formula 602 Modern Essentials Ride

Paiste 2oo2:
    22" Ride
    16" Crash
    8",10" Splash

Paiste 2oo2 Big Beat:
    15" Hi-Hats
    19", 20", 21" Big Beat Multifunctional

Paiste Sound Formula:
    16" Crash
    20" Full Ride (Frankenstein)

Paiste Twenty:
    16" China

Paiste Alpha (original Swiss made):
    12" Splash

Paiste PST7:
    Medium
    16", 18" Crash
    20" Ride
    14" Hi-Hats

Sabian:
    XS20 18" China
    AA 14" Fusion Hi-Hats

User Info Menu

the shout box is what set this place apart and its what originally kept me here ..9 years ago? wow. out of all the other sites it had a functional chat system that was semi-realtime. i guess facebook groups have taken over ?

User Info Menu

I agree without shout box this forum isn't as much fun or interesting as it use to be. We all or most of us miss it. I would like to know how our friends in California are dealing with the floods etc. Bring it back.

User Info Menu

Shoutbox? Meh, could care less if that ever came back. Weather? Too many other sources for that. Drum & music discussions, while far and few in between were somewhat interesting. What really has kept me from coming on here as much as I used to is the color scheme, layout and overall strain on the brain it causes after about 5 minutes of looking at it. Still some good threads on here, though the volume of activity is way down so it's become a bit boring as well. Too bad. Used to be the best drum site on the planet. Just one guy's opinion though. I'm sure it will survive without reacting to much of the input from many that I've seen on here. Carry on.

User Info Menu

Pocket you have never been a fan of chat box for your own reasons and you mentioned it so many times. Some of us do like to chat about anything but drums. We greet ourselves everyday and keep in touch with what is going on around us. Maybe the low activity has something to do with the layout and color of the new site of which I am not that crazy about but we have to live with it and I am sure Tom and Su_admin are working hard at trying to please everyone including you. Just sayin
    Last edited by Pearl MCX Man; 02-21-2017 at 08:22 AM.

User Info Menu

Pocket you have never been a fan of chat box for your own reasons and you mentioned it so many times. Just sayin
    This is true PMCXM...........however, not as many times as you've mentioned how great it is and that you'd like to see it back. Just sayin'.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    This is true PMCXM...........however, not as many times as you've mentioned how great it is and that you'd like to see it back. Just sayin'.
    True and I will keep mentioning it till it comes back. I miss talking to my friends here on the forum. Shout box to me is a very important communication. You get to know what happens in other members lives dealing with weather, bikini report etc etc. I believe once it comes back you will see more activity here on DC.

User Info Menu

I don't rely on shoutbox for news and weather info. Of course there are millions of ways to obtain that. But I liked the personal connection you could feel with other members.

all the best...

User Info Menu

True and I will keep mentioning it till it comes back. I miss talking to my friends here on the forum. Shout box to me is a very important communication. You get to know what happens in other members lives dealing with weather, bikini report etc etc. I believe once it comes back you will see more activity here on DC.
    Correct again........it is your right to say what you want and my right to say what I want. I was just highlighting the fact that your comment about my repeated opinion on Shoutbox was ignorant.

Also, I doubt that Shoutbox will have or ever has had an impact on site volume and activity. Shoutbox was historically used by only a handful of members. That is a fact. I would suggest that what has had an impact on volume and activity on this site is the new layout.

Before you throw out another ill conceived and arbitrary comment............think before you in "Post Reply".

User Info Menu

This could go on forever we both disagree with it so be it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    I don't rely on shoutbox for news and weather info. Of course there are millions of ways to obtain that. But I liked the personal connection you could feel with other members.

all the best...
    Yea I'm with you on that . I miss that too.

User Info Menu

That is exactly what I meant the connection with others.