Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum Upgrade

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Default Forum Upgrade

The forum will be upgraded to a more current, responsive version at 1am, EST. During that time, the site will be offline for a bit. We anticipate some inconsistencies and ask for your patience while we then work to resolve any issues that might arise.

Thank you and as always, we appreciate your support.
    - Admin

We are proud to present one of the net's largest drum forums. Please click the following link if you need assistance with our Drum Chat forum. | Drum Chat is brought to you by Drum Bum, Inc. featuring Cool Gifts for Drummers & all Musicians & Custom Drumsticks

User Info Menu

Default Re: Forum Upgrade

I hope you are making it easier to post pictures.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zickos View Post
    i hope you are making it easier to post pictures.
    +1000000000000000000000000000000000000
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Please, please, please make it easier to post pictures!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I am very happy with the upgrade, but I miss the mystery drummer on the front page. LOL! Also, shoutbox seems to be a thing of the past too. Oh well. I might actually have to go check the weather now on an actual weather site.

EDIT - The mods may want to make this a sticky until everything gets worked out. People just logging on for the first time may be in a little shock!
    Last edited by Markadiddle; 02-01-2017 at 10:22 AM.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Hi Mark,
    The shoutbox will likely return. It's probably an old version that wasn't compatible with this upgrade version. Everyone be patient, this is not finished yet.

User Info Menu

Please bear with us. It was a major upgrade and many plug-ins now don't work. As well, we're getting less than desirable assistance from our host.
    - Admin

We are proud to present one of the net's largest drum forums. Please click the following link if you need assistance with our Drum Chat forum. | Drum Chat is brought to you by Drum Bum, Inc. featuring Cool Gifts for Drummers & all Musicians & Custom Drumsticks

User Info Menu

oh this is fancy

User Info Menu

@Drummer - Thank you. Very interesting thing I am finding. In Google Chrome browser in private mode, when you hit "reply with quote", the space bar doesn't work. LOL! Actually, I'm finding that I can't reply with quote in Google Chrome at all. The spacebar refuses to work. Hmmm... weird...

Also, if I could make a suggestion. How about making a sticky on this for people who are just logging on after the change so they don't have a heart attack?
    Last edited by Markadiddle; 02-01-2017 at 10:54 AM.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Markadiddle View Post

Also, if I could make a suggestion. How about making a sticky on this for people who are just logging on after the change so they don't have a heart attack?
    Done. Thanks Mark!

User Info Menu

@Drummer - Thank you. Very interesting thing I am finding. In Google Chrome browser in private mode, when you hit "reply with quote", the space bar doesn't work. LOL! Actually, I'm finding that I can't reply with quote in Google Chrome at all. The spacebar refuses to work. Hmmm... weird...
    Mark, I found this problem with another forum a few weeks back. Try this.....after you have typed out the first word, hit the ENTER key which should take you to the next line. Then, backspace once which should take you to the previous line and then try your space bar. That seemed to work for me.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Mark, I found this problem with another forum a few weeks back. Try this.....after you have typed out the first word, hit the ENTER key which should take you to the next line. Then, backspace once which should take you to the previous line and then try your space bar. That seemed to work for me.
    Actually, now that I started using the Brave browser, which is based upon Chrome's coding, it does the exact same thing. Your suggestion worked. Thanks Bish! You Da man!!
    Stolen from EddieV:

User Info Menu

This is gonna take awhile to get use too. Glad the shout box will be back cause we do need the weather report so we know what is happening to our fellow drummers all over the world.

User Info Menu

"we do need the weather report so we know what is happening to our fellow drummers all over the world."

Ya see? I'm glad someone understands! LOL! Awesome!
    Stolen from EddieV:

User Info Menu

itchie's gonna poop his pants!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkyruss View Post
    itchie's gonna poop his pants!
    Testing 123. Hmmm, reply with quote in Firefox seems to work. Anyone else tried using "Reply with quote" using Chrome browser? When I use Chrome, the spacebar doesn't work... weird.

Also, if itchie is gonna do that, we don't need to see that! LOL!
    Stolen from EddieV:

User Info Menu

Testing 123. Hmmm, reply with quote in Firefox seems to work. Anyone else tried using "Reply with quote" using Chrome browser? When I use Chrome, the spacebar doesn't work... weird.

Also, if itchie is gonna do that, we don't need to see that! LOL!
    I'm using Chrome. No issues with spacebar for me for "Reply with Quote"

User Info Menu

I'm using Chrome. No issues with spacebar for me for "Reply with Quote"
    Interesting. And my Chrome browser is up to date. OK, must be me then which wouldn't surprise me. Oh wow, the forum just got even better looking!

Just for grins and giggles, I tried several browsers like Chrome, Brave, Iridium, Opera, Safari, etc. Best browser I've seen so far has been Firefox. Oh well, guess we'll wait and see what's next for the DC upgrade! I can't wait! It's going to be, wait for it..... AWESOME!
    Last edited by Markadiddle; 02-01-2017 at 12:34 PM.
    Stolen from EddieV:

User Info Menu

Please report any issues you might have with the new forum here. Screenshots are helpful.

Thank you
    - Admin

User Info Menu

It doesn't seem to be working to upload photos when answering a thread. At least not from my IPhone.
    *Yamaha Recording Custom

User Info Menu

Also it doesn't work to change avatar or profile pic
    *Yamaha Recording Custom

User Info Menu

Social media links (down the bottom of page) are are their defaults.

Is the nature panorama being change to some awesome drums or something similar?

Acoustic & Electronic:
    Pearl Prestige World Series WLX 1988
    Tama Swingstar 1983
    Tama Superstar Hyper-Drive (Birch) 2007
    Ludwig Acrolite Snare 1976
    Ludwig Supraphonic 6.5x14" 2021
    Pearl Sensitone Elite Aluminum 5.5" and 6.5" Snare
    Pearl COB Custom Deluxe [Gladstone] (75-76) Snare
    Love Drum Co. Hammered Steel 5.5" Snare
    Roland TD-1KV

Paiste
    Accent 8"

Paiste Signature:
    6", 10" Splash
    14" Dark Crisp Hi-Hats
    14" Sound Edge Hi-Hats
    16", 17", 18",19", 20" Full Crash
    22" Symphonic Med-Heavy (use as a Ride)

Paiste Formula 602:
    22" Formula 602 Modern Essentials Ride

Paiste 2oo2:
    22" Ride
    16" Crash
    8",10" Splash

Paiste 2oo2 Big Beat:
    15" Hi-Hats
    19", 20", 21" Big Beat Multifunctional

Paiste Sound Formula:
    16" Crash
    20" Full Ride (Frankenstein)

Paiste Twenty:
    16" China

Paiste Alpha (original Swiss made):
    12" Splash

Paiste PST7:
    Medium
    16", 18" Crash
    20" Ride
    14" Hi-Hats

Sabian:
    XS20 18" China
    AA 14" Fusion Hi-Hats

User Info Menu

New comments noted. We will address everything as we can get to it.

As it always goes with change, it will be hard to please everyone. The forum change has more to do with being up to date and compatible with all browsers and mobile functionality then it has to do with design. That said, changes will continue to be made moving forward but we are on no timeline with aesthetics. We hope that you also appreciate the new improvements with regard to images, video, speed and mobile compatibility among other things. The are lots of improvements with this new, upgraded software!
    - Admin

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by su_admin View Post
    New comments noted. We will address everything as we can get to it.

As it always goes with change, it will be hard to please everyone. The forum change has more to do with being up to date and compatible with all browsers and mobile functionality then it has to do with design. That said, changes will continue to be made moving forward but we are on no timeline with aesthetics. We hope that you also appreciate the new improvements with regard to images, video, speed and mobile compatibility among other things. The are lots of improvements with this new, upgraded software!
    Thank you.
    It is welcomed.