Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Forum Upgrade

User Info Menu

Default Re: Forum Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Shoutbox? Meh, could care less if that ever came back. Weather? Too many other sources for that. Drum & music discussions, while far and few in between were somewhat interesting. What really has kept me from coming on here as much as I used to is the color scheme, layout and overall strain on the brain it causes after about 5 minutes of looking at it. Still some good threads on here, though the volume of activity is way down so it's become a bit boring as well. Too bad. Used to be the best drum site on the planet. Just one guy's opinion though. I'm sure it will survive without reacting to much of the input from many that I've seen on here. Carry on.
    Thank you for your comments. I keep reading about strain on eyes with some members. The site now matches 80% of what's out there so I'm not sure I quite get it. To me, it's now cleaner and fresh looking. Numerous sites I visit have white backgrounds and gray text. I do realize we get used to a certain look or feel but unfortunately everything changes at some point. I think this is a positive change, especially when they get the background dialed in. I'm not just saying that because I work for them. By the way, I know from personal experience that the contrast of the lighting on your PC or phone is often the cause for eye strain. That and with me, if I'm not wearing my glasses, I will start to get eye strain.

The activity is down some but not as much as you'd think. The visitation is still up but people aren't posting as much. If everyone would be more involved, we would all benefit. I will make an effort to post more often as well.

Thanks for your comments everyone! Always appreciated!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Thank you for your comments. I keep reading about strain on eyes with some members. The site now matches 80% of what's out there so I'm not sure I quite get it. To me, it's now cleaner and fresh looking. Numerous sites I visit have white backgrounds and gray text. I do realize we get used to a certain look or feel but unfortunately everything changes at some point. I think this is a positive change, especially when they get the background dialed in. I'm not just saying that because I work for them. By the way, I know from personal experience that the contrast of the lighting on your PC or phone is often the cause for eye strain. That and with me, if I'm not wearing my glasses, I will start to get eye strain.

The activity is down some but not as much as you'd think. The visitation is still up but people aren't posting as much. If everyone would be more involved, we would all benefit. I will make an effort to post more often as well.

Thanks for your comments everyone! Always appreciated!
    The issue Tom is mostly related to the background. Why have it? No matter what picture is there, any text that overlays on it will blend in and be invisible. The thread tree currently cannot be seen unless you move it so a portion of the background that is light in color. Other text that is light gets lost against a light background. Pretty sure if you lose the background............the problem is solved.

User Info Menu

Hi Everybody!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkyruss View Post
    Hi Everybody!
    What's up ? How's the weather up there ? Still waiting on that bikini report from the Bahama's .... where's kay-gee ?

User Info Menu

The issue Tom is mostly related to the background. Why have it? No matter what picture is there, any text that overlays on it will blend in and be invisible. The thread tree currently cannot be seen unless you move it so a portion of the background that is light in color. Other text that is light gets lost against a light background. Pretty sure if you lose the background............the problem is solved.
    Patience my friend (as I've said many times). They're working on it.

User Info Menu

Update:
    The shoutbox was heavy and dragging the site so we had to make adjustments to some plug-ins first. It is now re-installed and functional again.

The background design was completed and implemented today. We know about the text being hidden in certain areas like the top thread menu and check box to stay logged in. We will be addressing those and other issues as time permits.

There is still much going on with the site behind the scenes with regard to filtering, spam management, re-installing out of date plug-ins, etc. so we thank you for your patience as we get to everything.
    - Admin

We are proud to present one of the net's largest drum forums. Please click the following link if you need assistance with our Drum Chat forum. | Drum Chat is brought to you by Drum Bum, Inc. featuring Cool Gifts for Drummers & all Musicians & Custom Drumsticks

User Info Menu

The wall paper has changed. Hooray! I will be posting more often since pictures are easier to put on.
    Last edited by Zickos; 02-23-2017 at 10:21 PM.
    Drumming is the best psychiatry.

User Info Menu

The site looks great and the shout box is back what else do we want. Nothing, happy and love the new design of the site. Congrats Su and Tom

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by su_admin View Post
    Update:
    The shoutbox was heavy and dragging the site so we had to make adjustments to some plug-ins first. It is now re-installed and functional again.

The background design was completed and implemented today. We know about the text being hidden in certain areas like the top thread menu and check box to stay logged in. We will be addressing those and other issues as time permits.

There is still much going on with the site behind the scenes with regard to filtering, spam management, re-installing out of date plug-ins, etc. so we thank you for your patience as we get to everything.
    Thanks for all of the hard work! This site looks great!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by su_admin View Post
    Update:

Why is it that when you post a YT video, it initially appears normal size, then when you go back to the post later it's ginormous??

User Info Menu

Why is it that when you post a YT video, it initially appears normal size, then when you go back to the post later it's ginormous??
    Cuz us old guys want to watch it, too?
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Where do we see our post counts?
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    Where do we see our post counts?
    On the far right upper corner of any of your posts.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    On the far right upper corner of any of your posts.
    I guess it doesn't show up on mobile.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Here's what I get:

IMG_1937.jpg

-Mike

User Info Menu

The posts are just too friggin big... very hard to read. I'm out

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Xeno View Post
    The posts are just too friggin big... very hard to read. I'm out
    Sorry to see you go. You won't find a 'perfect' forum any more than you'll find a perfect world. But I can appreciate preference. If you don't like it here, that's your prerogative and I respect that.

I wish you the best!

User Info Menu

Tom, I had a thought. You may recall that I sent you a PM to voice my opinion about the new format. While i still think it is too 'busy' and it's not easy on the eyes, one suggestion I might make is for the background to be lighter by doing an overlay such that the images of the sticks and drum kit could still be present, but the contrast would be greatly reduced, and the background would be more of an overall gray with the images still present. I have done that many times for backgrounds for photo books, where the 'focus' images are superimposed over a low contrast, larger overall image. I could try to capture what I'm getting at and post it if the description of what I'm talking about isn't clear.

Would it be possible for you to e-mail me a small image of the background? I can show you want I'm talking about.
    Last edited by cabasner; 05-27-2017 at 11:14 AM.
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cabasner View Post
    Tom, I had a thought. You may recall that I sent you a PM to voice my opinion about the new format. While i still think it is too 'busy' and it's not easy on the eyes, one suggestion I might make is for the background to be lighter by doing an overlay such that the images of the sticks and drum kit could still be present, but the contrast would be greatly reduced, and the background would be more of an overall gray with the images still present. I have done that many times for backgrounds for photo books, where the 'focus' images are superimposed over a low contrast, larger overall image. I could try to capture what I'm getting at and post it if the description of what I'm talking about isn't clear.

Would it be possible for you to e-mail me a small image of the background? I can show you want I'm talking about.
    We always appreciate suggestions and feedback. I'm not the IT or the designer but I'll forward your comments. Thank you!

User Info Menu

It's just easier as I'm on other forums via Tapatalk. Just keeps stuff in one place.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle