Thread: Pics/Video from an awesome show in San Diego

User Info Menu

Default Pics/Video from an awesome show in San Diego

Hey everyone,

I know, I take long long breaks from DC sometimes. Life gets busy, what can I say??

ANYWAYS.

I've posted videos of this group before so this is kind of more of the same, but the Amy Winehouse tribute band I play for did a gig at The Music Box in San Diego this past weekend. (These shows have been getting bigger. I guess people still like Amy Winehouse. WHO KNEW).

Anyways, the setup at this venue is cool - they have two levels of mezzanine above the main floor that come right up over the stage, so you feel kind of surrounded when you play, almost like being in an old Elizabethan theater. Here's a photo our sax player grabbed so you can see what I'm talking about:

MusicBoxSD.jpg

See what I mean? It was fun.

Also, there was someone that stood in the front row and recorded like half of the show, and put it all on YouTube, so now you all can go and see the entire playlist of songs he recorded from the show:

YouTube Playlist: TWE at The Music Box

Bottom line, if you get a chance to play at The Music Box, TAKE IT.

-Dave
    "Guys, if you wanted Superman for this gig, you should have hired Superman. Instead, you got Batman." - Donny Gruendler

"You always think you have more problems than you actually have." - Dave Elitch

Instagram: @bringerofthud
    Twitter:@davetilove

User Info Menu

Default Re: Pics/Video from an awesome show in San Diego

I totally forgot to include the drum solo! Don't know where my head's at today. Drum solo starts around 1:15:

"Guys, if you wanted Superman for this gig, you should have hired Superman. Instead, you got Batman." - Donny Gruendler

User Info Menu

Absolutely love it!!

User Info Menu

Looks like fun.

User Info Menu

Outstanding! Thanks for sharing with us. Oh and welcome back. Again.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Oh and welcome back. Again.
    I know, I know! I take long breaks, and I apologize for it!

User Info Menu

How awesome is that!