Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drum Chat Facelift

User Info Menu

Default Drum Chat Facelift

Has the new look of this forum slowed the activity/posts ?

Discuss................
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drum Chat Facelift

Up until the other day, I hadn't been here in a LOOOOONG time, so I was unsure of how long ago it changed. I immediately missed the chat room box we used to have. The bottom of the web page says "shoutbox provided by vbshout...", as if it is still supported though. What happened there? It's absence may cause members not to visit as much. I used to visit often, just to chat. Many times I was pointed to a thread or a post, by somebody in the chat, that I otherwise would not have seen or cared to open. I believe it generated more activity.

Also, the color scheme combined with the background picture, make some things difficult to read. Not to mention, this is "Drum Chat"... I would think our background picture should be related to something like... oh, I don't know... drums. LOL

My 2 cents.
    Drummer for Almondy Brown and Redeemer Church of Lakeland | Session Artist | Private Instructor
    Facebook.com/PerryEarlDrums
    Instagram.com/PerryEarlDrums
    Twitter.com/PerryEarlDrums
    AlmondyBrown.com

User Info Menu

My response is purely anecdotal but I would say yes. I know I don't stay on long and I'm considering coming in less often. The background contrasting with the text is really hard on the eyes and just makes it a less than enjoyable experience. Just one guy's thoughts.

User Info Menu

Yeah, the background is making it tough to navigate and is hard on the eyes. #GetOffMyLawn
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

I don't mind the absence of the Shoutbox, or the background although it is an odd (but picturesque) choice, but please change the light grey text for something darker (preferably plain black), I've never read a book that doesn't have plain black text - there's a really good reason for it

User Info Menu

I'm sure that they are still working on the forum. It's just going to take a bit of patience. I have noticed that there seems to be a lot less posts now and very few new threads.

I did see where drummer stated that shoutbox will return eventually. Yes, there are several improvements that need to be made so the forum is easier to read. I'm sure they will happen eventually, so I'm just going to hang in there and make the best of it. This is one of the best forums I can think of and I'm glad it's still here.

My advice is to just hang on, wait it out and see what happens. Good things come to those who wait.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Markadiddle View Post
    I have noticed that there seems to be a lot less posts now.............
    I looked in "activity stream" and found one 24-hour period where there were about 30 posts.................slower than it used to be.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

I do not like change, especially when there is no obvious upgrades or changes that make it more user friendly or easier to navigate. I used to look forward to checking this site out 1-2 times a day on average but now I think about it once every 2 days or so when I have all but exhausted anything else of interest on the internet . Maybe I have not done enough on here since? Is it easier to post pics or something? What was the reason?
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

I have noticed a drop but am waiting it out and hoping for the best. Good group of folks and lots of knowledge/resources so hopefully it gets back to normal activity levels.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    I do not like change, especially when there is no obvious upgrades or changes that make it more user friendly or easier to navigate. I used to look forward to checking this site out 1-2 times a day on average but now I think about it once every 2 days or so when I have all but exhausted anything else of interest on the internet . Maybe I have not done enough on here since? Is it easier to post pics or something? What was the reason?
    I completely agree with everything above.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

I'm not planning to leave, but I don't care for the new look, and I don't see any improvements :(

User Info Menu

Wasnt gonna mention the hard to read stuff, but I guess I am not the only old guy here. I dont think the change slowed traffic, I have noticed all forums have slowed, partly due to social media FB I would think.
    click to see my kit re-veneer/finish
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...168#post379168

User Info Menu

i kinda like how everything looks now. The text could be a little darker but it has a fresher look imo. Videos seem to post in super size now which is okay but didn't mind the smaller size before. I don't like it when posts will say ''last edited at so and so time'' when you want to add something to a post later on that you already submitted.

Wasn't it said that this layout is more smartphone friendly and that played a big part in the change?
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Hated this change at first, but now that I'm getting used to it, I like it. It sets it apart from that "other site" where the company is far less agreeable.

Collectors Black Ice Finishply
    10x8,12x9,15x12,16x14,20x18,24x16
    14X6 Collectors 10 and 6 snare Natural Satin
    14x8 Collectors Black Nickel over Brass

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    i kinda like how everything looks now. The text could be a little darker but it has a fresher look imo. Videos seem to post in super size now which is okay but didn't mind the smaller size before. I don't like it when posts will say ''last edited at so and so time'' when you want to add something to a post later on that you already submitted.

Wasn't it said that this layout is more smartphone friendly and that played a big part in the change?
    From my iPhone 6, everything just seems a bit too big. I actually preferred using the desktop version on my phone before the update. There doesn't seem to be an option to go to the desktop site on my phone though.

-Mike

User Info Menu

And I still can't post pictures from my phone.

-Mike

User Info Menu

The background gets on my nerves . I do miss the shout box .... a lot . I don't have a smartphone . Putting up a picture is easier , but now I miss the Youtube button . I sorta like the looks but I miss all the other stuff this site use to do . If I get use to it it's only because I HAVE TO .
    Put back the shout box and the Youtube button and I'm good . I can deal with the background ....

User Info Menu

Yeah...Shout box is a MUST. It was like getting to forget about being drummers, and just being dudes talking about chicks and the weather etc...

all the best

User Info Menu

I miss the shout box too and not crazy about the new design of the page. No choice but to live with it.

User Info Menu

Big fan of the drum chat site but I hate the new look. Also, have problems with logging in, and posting. Haven't tried posting pics but hopefully that process has improved.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Ludwig centennial natural 11 piece
    Gp jungle natural 4 piece
    Yamaha dtxpress3
    Saluda cymbals
    zildjian a customs
    Sabian aax

User Info Menu

Where's my Shoutbox??? I mean good morning everybody!

User Info Menu

I don't mind the background... I'm not a fan but it doesn't bother me to the point I won't come online.

But it sucks that videos don't show up for me anymore just big black squares.

User Info Menu

just needs to be exactly as it used to be BUT with better fonts and better buttons

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    Has the new look of this forum slowed the activity/posts ?
    No, it's about the same.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGoRound View Post
    Up until the other day, I hadn't been here in a LOOOOONG time, so I was unsure of how long ago it changed. I immediately missed the chat room box we used to have. The bottom of the web page says "shoutbox provided by vbshout...", as if it is still supported though. What happened there? It's absence may cause members not to visit as much. I used to visit often, just to chat. Many times I was pointed to a thread or a post, by somebody in the chat, that I otherwise would not have seen or cared to open. I believe it generated more activity.

Also, the color scheme combined with the background picture, make some things difficult to read. Not to mention, this is "Drum Chat"... I would think our background picture should be related to something like... oh, I don't know... drums. LOL

My 2 cents.
    I'm told the shoutbox might be coming back. They ran into some issues.