Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drum Chat Facelift

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drum Chat Facelift

Quote Originally Posted by crispycritters View Post
    I don't mind the absence of the Shoutbox, or the background although it is an odd (but picturesque) choice, but please change the light grey text for something darker (preferably plain black), I've never read a book that doesn't have plain black text - there's a really good reason for it
    They are considering making the text a bit darker but not definite.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Markadiddle View Post
    I'm sure that they are still working on the forum. It's just going to take a bit of patience. I have noticed that there seems to be a lot less posts now and very few new threads.

I did see where drummer stated that shoutbox will return eventually. Yes, there are several improvements that need to be made so the forum is easier to read. I'm sure they will happen eventually, so I'm just going to hang in there and make the best of it. This is one of the best forums I can think of and I'm glad it's still here.

My advice is to just hang on, wait it out and see what happens. Good things come to those who wait.
    My sentiments exactly!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    I looked in "activity stream" and found one 24-hour period where there were about 30 posts.................slower than it used to be.
    I ran the averages and it's the same.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    I do not like change, especially when there is no obvious upgrades or changes that make it more user friendly or easier to navigate. I used to look forward to checking this site out 1-2 times a day on average but now I think about it once every 2 days or so when I have all but exhausted anything else of interest on the internet . Maybe I have not done enough on here since? Is it easier to post pics or something? What was the reason?
    The reason was explained by admin in this thread. As far as not liking change, I hear you, but change is part of life. Most of the time it's inevitable.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hippychip View Post
    I'm not planning to leave, but I don't care for the new look, and I don't see any improvements :(
    There might be changes to the look but it's not in stone yet. There are numerous improvements from video to pictures to design to responsiveness to layout, etc. Some of that might not affect your individual experience.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by signia fan View Post
    Wasnt gonna mention the hard to read stuff, but I guess I am not the only old guy here. I dont think the change slowed traffic, I have noticed all forums have slowed, partly due to social media FB I would think.
    You're right. Through time, all forum participation has slowed across the board. Like many other genres, it's simply market saturation. That said, the visitation is still high for DrumChat and we will be working to encourage more participation as time goes on.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    i kinda like how everything looks now. The text could be a little darker but it has a fresher look imo. Videos seem to post in super size now which is okay but didn't mind the smaller size before. I don't like it when posts will say ''last edited at so and so time'' when you want to add something to a post later on that you already submitted.

Wasn't it said that this layout is more smartphone friendly and that played a big part in the change?
    Yes, this layout is 'very' smartphone friendly and since almost 50% of internet activity is now by phone, that was an important and much-needed upgrade. Thanks for your comments.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SunDog View Post
    Hated this change at first, but now that I'm getting used to it, I like it. It sets it apart from that "other site" where the company is far less agreeable.
    I like it too. Of course some improvements can still be made but I'm patient. Thanks for your comment.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    From my iPhone 6, everything just seems a bit too big. I actually preferred using the desktop version on my phone before the update. There doesn't seem to be an option to go to the desktop site on my phone though.
    Hi Mike,
    Indeed, we can get used to things. That said, this change for smartphones was very necessary for too many reasons to mention. Please know that the owners of this forum have no control over the display of each and every phone or computer. There is much that is out of their control. But overall, this was a needed and beneficial change for most smartphone users.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    And I still can't post pictures from my phone.
    I don't know if everyone's having that experience. I'll look into it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jedi View Post
    I don't have a smartphone . Putting up a picture is easier , but now I miss the Youtube button . I sorta like the looks but I miss all the other stuff this site use to do . If I get use to it it's only because I HAVE TO .
    Put back the shout box and the Youtube button and I'm good . I can deal with the background ....
    The YouTube button is no longer needed. You now have a button (looks like a film strip) that supports not only You Tube but also Hulu, Vimeo, Daily Motion, Metacafe, Google and Facebook. This is a major improvement.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    Yeah...Shout box is a MUST. It was like getting to forget about being drummers, and just being dudes talking about chicks and the weather etc...

all the best
    It's been put on hold due to complications. It might be coming back. Not certain until I hear more from them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by carbohydrate kid View Post
    Big fan of the drum chat site but I hate the new look.
    Sorry, some like it and some don't. It's hard to please everyone. There will be improvements and changes moving forward and we always appreciate the input.

Also, have problems with logging in, and posting.
    What kind of problems? PM me with detail when you have a chance.

Haven't tried posting pics but hopefully that process has improved.
    It has improved. Most, including myself, are having no issues at all.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    I don't mind the background... I'm not a fan but it doesn't bother me to the point I won't come online.

But it sucks that videos don't show up for me anymore just big black squares.
    What browser are you using? I don't think anyone else is having this problem.

User Info Menu

I hope to have addressed a lot of the comments and concerns. There will be more changes and upgrades as time goes on. As always, we appreciate everyone's feedback and suggestions and will consider them moving forward.

User Info Menu

Tom's gonna wear out his keyboard posting on this thread alone.

We are creatures of habit. If people (including myself) are not sure how to navigate the new site, they will abstain for a while. Once we get familiar and comfortable, activities will increase. I do, however, think the wallpaper and background should look like a drum forum.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Tom's gonna wear out his keyboard posting on this thread alone.

We are creatures of habit. If people (including myself) are not sure how to navigate the new site, they will abstain for a while. Once we get familiar and comfortable, activities will increase. I do, however, think the wallpaper and background should look like a drum forum.
    I sort of agree but please note that some forums have no background at all. I think that's why it doesn't bother me.

User Info Menu

Tom I like the Kansas look more than 'That guy'
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    tom i like the kansas look more than 'that guy'
    That guy is Tom !
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Wooooooooooooooooooa Holy change up Batman.

Now if they would add a "remember my log in".
    Have to log in every time I come on
    “I did not trip and fall. I attacked the floor and I believe I am winning.”

User Info Menu

Is there a way to keep signed in or did I miss it?
    Drumming is the best psychiatry.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zickos View Post
    Is there a way to keep signed in or did I miss it?
    Yea, it's under where you sign in but it's blending into the background currently so a little bit hard to see... but it's there.

User Info Menu

I don't really mind the new layout. Only two things I dislike are the background picture and the absence of the shout box. I'd prefer something like a soft gradient or just a solid dark colour as the background instead of a photo. Also everything is much bigger. Embedded videos take up the entire screen!
    Last edited by xweasel; 02-11-2017 at 03:45 AM.
    - Zack

User Info Menu

Can someone help me. I've been looking for Drum Chat, can't seem to find it. You were always able to find it quickly just by looking for the Shout Box and all the BS being thrown back and forth. Then I knew I was home.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Yea, it's under where you sign in but it's blending into the background currently so a little bit hard to see... but it's there.