Thread: Liberty DeVitto

User Info Menu

Default Liberty DeVitto

Everybody knows him from playing on all the Billy Joel records, but have you guys checked out his new band The Slim Kings? They just put this song out, from tonights episode of Chicago Fire on NBC. This guy goes hard!

https://soundcloud.com/the-slim-king...-the-slow-lane
    check them out on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheSlimKings/

BackStreetDrums Guest

Default Re: Liberty DeVitto

He is self taught, I understand (?)

User Info Menu

I don't recognize his name at all.
    I'll have to check out some of his work

User Info Menu

He is pretty heavily featured in Hired Guns documentary. From his side of the story Billy treated him and the rest of his band pretty poorly towards the end of their run.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

he's pretty funny and slams.... even on borderline ballads. watch some of his clinic videos
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Met him once at a drum Clinic a few years back. Nice guy. Talked to his girlfriend who I thought was his daughter she was like in her 20s. She said she was engaged to him.
    Conrad