Thread: Couple of nice scores to add :)

User Info Menu

Default Couple of nice scores to add :)

So Bill at Pork Pie did a bunch of Internationally Inspired snare drums for his booth at NAMM.
    Well my heritage is German and I absolutely love the country.
    Someday I hope to travel there and my bucket list is watch a German national world cup game in Germany...
    Anyways, he of course did a German snare drum so I texted Bill and said consider it sold to me.

Well here she is!

I also found these on my local craigslist.. a photographer was using them for people to sit on for portrait shots and he is quitting the business. Got the pair for $30

Since we had a topic open about entry level cymbals I started looking for some deals on Sabian XS's.
    I found this ride cymbal for only $65 bucks!! Can't pass that up as they go for over a $100 still and you can still find new ones for almost $200. Plus I needed one more for my practice kit I just set up.

I have one more purchase that should be here tomorrow according to the tracking number and this one was almost the deal of the century. A lady had a 16" Floor tom to match my PDP kit and she had it labeled as a DPD and the drum was upside down! She only wanted like $45 bucks or something. I wrote her and asked her the size and she told me 16" but then raised her price! i still ended up getting it for $75 shipped and currently online there's one on eBay for over $200! So I feel I got a great deal!
    I'll post pictures once I get it.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Couple of nice scores to add :)

Nice haul! I've always loved the vertical and horizontal wood pattern on snares. I played one of those xs20 rides quite a while ago. Very nice cymbals for the price. Only thing it lacks is the bell.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Nice! You gotta love a great score and it looks like you got quite a few!
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Dang nice grab. Congrats on all the new toys.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    Nice haul! I've always loved the vertical and horizontal wood pattern on snares. I played one of those xs20 rides quite a while ago. Very nice cymbals for the price. Only thing it lacks is the bell.
    I fully agree. The bell needs more for sure.
    They make a "rock" version which is heavier but I've never found one.
    The medium ride though is good enough overall though for what I want/need.

User Info Menu

Some great pickups! Love the snare

User Info Menu

So I'm also semi playing/covering for a local band right now.

I found a 16" floor tom to make a nice 1 up 2 down.
    Here's my newest floor tom!
    And believe it or not a simple setup I love playing on Not one of my monster kits! haha

User Info Menu

Great stuff Spaz, love the German flag colors also German beer. I did recycling today and had about 50 different kinds of German beer bottles stacked up from the holidays.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

^for sure gotta love a good beer!