Thread: Gig Could Not Have Gone Better

User Info Menu

Default Gig Could Not Have Gone Better

These shots are from Saturday night -- the bar manager was extremely happy and told me we had a crowd of 400.
    This is our favorite place to gig so we are all glad it went well and the club made big bucks.
    Here I am at work at the old Gretsch kit and a good shot of the band too..............

IMG_2150.jpgIMG_2148.jpg
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Default Re: Gig Could Not Have Gone Better

Glad it was awesome.
    Conrad

User Info Menu

Cool, when will we hear that the band also made big bucks? That's when you know you're getting it right.

User Info Menu

Beer is waaay too far away from the drummer!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Cool, when will we hear that the band also made big bucks? That's when you know you're getting it right.
    Hey Tom -- you got that right !
    We play for a (generous) set fee at this place...................I love to see the club make money when we play there..................best message for word-of-mouth marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by funkyruss View Post
    Beer is waaay too far away from the drummer!
    I have no time to enjoy the beer................I'm lucky to drink one beer the entire gig.
    Bit I will certainly enjoy one right after..........
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian

User Info Menu

Congrats bud, man thats alot of cymbals to gig with.. You got any sound samples?
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Congrats bud, man thats alot of cymbals to gig with.. You got any sound samples?
    Ride is a 22" A Zildjian vintage 1973;
    Two chinas, both Wuhan, 14" and 18";
    One stack, Meinl 8/10;
    Hats, 13" K Zildjian;
    One splash, A Zildjian 12";
    and 5 crashes: 14" A Custom thin - 15" K Dark Thin - 16" A Zildjian thin - 16" K Medium thin - 17" A Custom thin.
    And they all get used............a lot............I love cymbals.
    My band has no decent audio recordings..............it is an issue of disagreement among us.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian

User Info Menu

Sounds like a blast. You do seem to be eyeing the beer bucket in that first picture.

User Info Menu

Looks like a cool place. Nice vintage "vibe". 100-150 people would PACK any place that we play, LOL. On the "plus" side of a small town bar, I just announce over the mic that "the drummer needs a beer" and someone from the crowd usually brings me a free one and hands it to me on stage.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Not sure what constitutes "big" bucks, but I'm guessing $50 for a 4hr gig doesn't qualify
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Nice to see it went well! I'd love to play a gig like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Glad it went well for you. Gotta love those gigs that are a joy to play. I've played places that (not that I'd ever tell them) I would do the gig for free (with beers , of course) and places that, while the money was excellent, I would have preferred to stay in the hotel and watch "The Price Is Right repeats.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by G-man View Post
    Sounds like a blast. You do seem to be eyeing the beer bucket in that first picture.
    I'm probably focused on the hats.................and, yes, it is a fun place to play.

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Looks like a cool place. Nice vintage "vibe". 100-150 people would PACK any place that we play, LOL. On the "plus" side of a small town bar, I just announce over the mic that "the drummer needs a beer" and someone from the crowd usually brings me a free one and hands it to me on stage.
    As reflected in that first photo, the club gives us a case of beer on ice for the stage.................too bad I don't have time to drink any..................we keep the songs coming.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    Nice to see it went well! I'd love to play a gig like that.
    Thank you, FBN................it was one of those good nights we all need on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    Glad it went well for you. Gotta love those gigs that are a joy to play. I've played places that (not that I'd ever tell them) I would do the gig for free (with beers , of course) and places that, while the money was excellent, I would have preferred to stay in the hotel and watch "The Price Is Right repeats.
    LOL, Rick...............ain't it the truth !
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian

User Info Menu

it's nice to have those good gigs! Makes all the hassles and troubles worth it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    it's nice to have those good gigs! Makes all the hassles and troubles worth it
    Yes..............and all the PRACTICE.
    The band rehearses together about three hours every Tuesday or Wednesday eve............each member is expected to practice on their own in order to get his parts down tight.
    I prefer to practice more than most people.
    Once the set-list is final, I like to burn CDs of the set and go through it alone at home as much as it takes for me to get comfortable.
    I like walking into a gig knowing I've already played it three times at home.
    Then you play the gig and, minor boo-boos aside, you perform virtually flawlessly in front of a big crowd like that..........................
    As you said -- it makes it all worth it.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian

User Info Menu

Congrats! Not much better feeling than to nail a gig.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Awesome! Nothing better than the high one gets from playing an awesome show to a large, packed house that is getting into your music. Memories like these last a lifetime.

Love the side shot of your kit btw ...

User Info Menu

Awesome! Love hearing about great shows. Congrats!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Congrats! Not much better feeling than to nail a gig.
    Thank you Bish -- I know you know !

Quote Originally Posted by dangermoney View Post
    Awesome! Nothing better than the high one gets from playing an awesome show to a large, packed house that is getting into your music. Memories like these last a lifetime.
    Love the side shot of your kit btw ...
    Thank you DM.
    1977 Gretsch USA Customs.............13, 15, 18, 24;
    7X13 Black Magic at this gig.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFortress View Post
    Awesome! Love hearing about great shows. Congrats!
    Thanks, SF......................the band needed a good night.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian