Thread: Gigging This Weekend ?

User Info Menu

Default Gigging This Weekend ?

Who among us is playing a gig this weekend ?

ROCK CANDY is back at our favorite club Saturday night and we are looking forward to a big night.

They have a new policy at this club:
    The Happy Hour act plays a few short acoustic sets from 5:30 until 8:30;
    The Main-Stage act plays one long set from 9PM until 11PM, then;
    The DJ works from 11PM until the 2AM closing time.

We have worked up a cool set of 28 tunes and love the fact that we can load up (while the DJ is working) and go home after 11pm.
    Photo below is a shot of us at this same club from the upstairs balcony....................

Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Default Re: Gigging This Weekend ?

Yup us too, known as Kickback, played Thursday night as well...
    bandFront_8842.jpg

User Info Menu

Yep. Load in is 7pm. Can't wait. Always the highlight of my week.

User Info Menu

SuperFortress plays 9 to 1 Saturday night. Best part of my week!

User Info Menu

Gigging tonight at Ventana Canyon Resort in the Cascade Lounge . This is a regular gig for us , in the lounge that is . Twice sometimes three times a month . We've been playing in the ballrooms or out on the patio for private gigs most of last month and this month . The place has almost become my second home ..LOL ! Thursday night we played a small place called Noble Hops and Friday another small place called Fini's Landing . We'll be off next week .
    I don't know why this picture keeps coming out sideways ....very frustrating !
    Cascade Lounge.jpg

User Info Menu

Unfortunately, our next gig isn't until mid-March.

On the +side, it gives us time to work up new material. We're planning a 4hr all-acoustic gig in April, so our next several practices will be acoustic and learning more "acoustic friendly" songs.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Gigging tonight with my new band.
    1976 Tama Imperialstar Saturn 12+1 Platina6,8,10,12,13,14,15,16 concert toms, 16, 18 floor toms, 2-22x18 Bass drums.
    1971 5x14 Ludwig acrolite snare
    Tama metalworks snare 13x6
    DW collectors Maple Blue Glass7x8, 8x10, 9x12 rack toms, 11x14, 13x16 hanging toms, 18x23 bass, 8 and 12 timbale toms, 5.5x10 Ten and Six All Maple snare, 5.5x14 Supersolid snare, DW 9000 rack system, DW 5002 Double bass pedal, DW 5000 Hi-Hat stand, DW 9000 Snare stand.
    Sabian Xs20 cymbals: 16 & 18 crash, 20 ride, 14 hats, 8 splash, 18 china.
    Zildjian cymbals: 21 ride, 15 hats. All '70's era.

User Info Menu

Nope. We had a gig booked for today, but it was cancelled. Venue closed its doors about two weeks ago...

User Info Menu

WOW................last night could not have gone much better.
    The bar manager estimated the crowd at 400 and told me the set-list was "effective".
    He asked me to call Monday and book a couple of Summer dates.......................we finally had one of those great nights...................and of course, when the crowd is into it, the band plays at their best.................fun !
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)