Thread: Broke my dang hand

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Default Broke my dang hand

Broke my hand Tuesday night and got put in the contraption above. The first thing a friend told me was "You're going to have to quit drumming for a while. You can't drum with that on."

Challenge accepted!

I went to a traditional grip, and played in the pocket with a few small fills, and made it work. I didn't do longer, faster fills like I normally do, but I made it work.

The buddy didn't know what to say after he saw me do it.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Broke my dang hand

Throat punch. But that's none of my business.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    I thought of flipping him the bird, but I don't need anything else broken. He's a big ol boy lol
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Haha......................my favorite technique.............some people just need it

User Info Menu

hahaha nice work! Been there done that!

User Info Menu

Hope you heal up soon!
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Oh man, sorry about your hand but admire your tenacity. I can always appreciate a stubborn, mule-headed, dude. Because I are one too.

Heal up soon!

User Info Menu

Nothing keeps a good drummer down.

User Info Menu

That's too bad. Hopefully you'll heal up nicely in 4-6 weeks. Doing what you're doing might make that a bit longer.

User Info Menu

That's too bad. Hopefully you'll heal up nicely in 4-6 weeks. Doing what you're doing might make that a bit longer, depending on which bone you broke and how badly it's broken.

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear that man. I played in a cast one time. Slid the stick up in there and played backbeats all night. LOL

User Info Menu

It is just a hairline fracture. Doc says 3-4 weeks healing time.

User Info Menu

Good luck on the recovery!

User Info Menu

I intended to update this on Monday, but got busy and it slipped my mind.

I went to my primary care doc who ordered new xrays. It turns out the ER xray has a "small shadow" that made it appear to be a fracture. The new xray showed nothing. So, I've been upgraded to a sprain and deep bone bruise, lol.

Much better than a fracture, that's for sure!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    I intended to update this on Monday, but got busy and it slipped my mind.

I went to my primary care doc who ordered new xrays. It turns out the ER xray has a "small shadow" that made it appear to be a fracture. The new xray showed nothing. So, I've been upgraded to a sprain and deep bone bruise, lol.

Much better than a fracture, that's for sure!
    That's great news! No fracture.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post

Broke my hand Tuesday night and got put in the contraption above. The first thing a friend told me was "You're going to have to quit drumming for a while. You can't drum with that on."

Challenge accepted!

I went to a traditional grip, and played in the pocket with a few small fills, and made it work. I didn't do longer, faster fills like I normally do, but I made it work.

The buddy didn't know what to say after he saw me do it.
    Bummer, hope it heals up fast. Don't push it, listen to the Doc, if he says don't play , then don't. I just went though this with a broken arm last September.

User Info Menu

that's a cool looking cast
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN