This is just a quick little spin off ex drummer thread and I'll make short and sweet.

Seems to some folks that it would be weird that I would go jam with some old man at a trailor park. But I'm gonna let some of you people in on a little secret I discovered many years ago. I'm a welder blacksmith by trade and I've worked at many a sweatshop building everything under the sun Grand staircases to fancy scroll work railings ect. and I feel really blessed to have worked under some of the old man that not only suffered thru the great depression but actually fought in WW2. One gentleman named "Bill Sherry" was a yankee and he was the foreman on the Reunion Tower in Downtown Dallas.

You know that building that looks like a microphone. My buddy Bill Sherry help build that thing. And I can tell you that along with the many buttchewings that old man gave me thru out the years.That old man greatly increased my knowledge and skill and it is always wise to seek out these older folks and pick their brain about stuff because people like that are a national treasure and they won't always be around. My father comes to mind as well as few other elderly gentleman.
If you want to know something about anything go ask an old guy. From everything about old Ford pickups to the superior tanks that the Germans had in WW2 to old Slingerland drums they have seen pretty much all of it. And I'm sure that they would probably be glad that you took the time to ask about it.
The Native American Indians had a reverence for their elderly leaders and I think that this is something that we should really get back to as a nation. We would profit greatly by it. God bless folks. I'm out.