Thread: My Istanbul/Bosphorus cymbal tree

User Info Menu

Default My Istanbul/Bosphorus cymbal tree

So I finally decided it was time to put my cymbal tree together at our new house.
    Sometime in the near future I really hope to build a music room in the basement and finish it off.

Anyway here's my Istanbul and Bosphorus cymbals.
    I originally went to school to study Jazz and Cuban and these cymbals were what dreams are made of...
    then I joined a metal band in college and broke one and died inside...
    so I bought a full new assortment of Sabian cymbals and these have been sitting since (10+ years now)

I just thought to myself... i should buy just one more small jazz kit... and then I slapped myself haha

User Info Menu

Default Re: My Istanbul/Bosphorus cymbal tree

You are a pack rat, my friend..... but a damned organized one !

User Info Menu

Nice! Someday I hope to have a cymbal tree! Right now I have 1 scrawny branch lol
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

That's cool Zack! I had my eye on a few of these type of display stands at my local music store and thought, "How cool would it be to have one?" but I'd loose too much floor space in my garage if I had a display stand for every line of cymbals I use. Every inch of real-estate on my garage floor where the kit is set up has something on it to take up floor space.

User Info Menu

Nice! I had no idea you were originally into Cuban. One of my drum teachers was really into that. I learned a lot from him. More than any teacher I've had.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike