Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surprise

User Info Menu

Default Surprise

The rattler says the TP goes under. Makes it easier for it to get some.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Surprise

Kill it with fire!
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

That wasn't the only 1. They found quite a few under the house.

User Info Menu

That is insane. We have a lot of timber rattlers here. There was one killed in front of my grandmothers house a few years ago that was nearly 7 foot long. It had 23 rattles and a button. It was freaking huge.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Good thing I don't have snakes here!
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

I hate live snakes, dead snakes, and sticks that look like snakes...

User Info Menu

I've grown up around rattle snakes. If fact if you live in a somewhat rural area in south Texas, rattlesnakes are part of your daily life. Or at least the possibility of them is. We see them at our deer lease ALL THE TIME.

And to this day, I hate them. I've subscribed to the thinking that 'the only good snake, is a dead one'.

Tex

User Info Menu

Here in Maine I only get skunks under my house, it really stinks, pun intended.

User Info Menu

Watch out for your low hanging fruit.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Watch out for your low hanging fruit.
    Fang picked by cheap labor.

User Info Menu

wow..... what the (ban me)

nope nope and nope!!

User Info Menu

I guess there are times when you literally have to "watch your arse". YIKES!!
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Is that in your toilet Rick? scary stuff lol

User Info Menu

Wow, I'd have to make some kind of screen to cover that hole before I'd ever sit down there again!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    Must have been a really light news day. They actually did a news piece on this? Good grief. Talk about fluff! LOL!
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    Wow, I'd have to make some kind of screen to cover that hole before I'd ever sit down there again!
    Whatcha going to do, cheese grate some poop?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    Whatcha going to do, cheese grate some poop?
    flip it like a spatula

User Info Menu

Back in the early '90's, my brother and I were visiting our Dad down in AZ. He lived just southwest of Maricopa on 4 acres in the desert. We were sitting on his deck, drinking Coronas when a 3' rattler crossed his driveway. We cut its head off with a shovel, skinned it and put it in the oven with "Shake-n-bake". (We heard it tasted like chicken, so oven fried made sense to us). That night we ate it and polished off a bottle of Jose'. Pretty much spent the entire next day puking our guts out. Wow....the fun times of youth!
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

We had a cabin in 29 palms/Joshua tree CA and rattlers and California king snakes were everywhere. King snakes aren't poisonous but are constrictors. Don't go around flipping stones/rocks over thats where they dwell. I can deal with snakes but a friend of mine moved to Surprise AZ into a new housing development. His house was infested with scorpions, very poisonous and deadly. His stepdaughter got stung on her big toe and temporarily paralyzed her right side for 2 about weeks. They had to hang nets over the beds and baby cribs, high chairs, and jumpers had to have the legs in a jar with water. Couldn't keep the windows, garage door, or doors open

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    Is that in your toilet Rick? scary stuff lol
    Not mine Gilles, I have a indoor outhouse.

User Info Menu

raking the backyard the other day and came upon a little garden snake maybe 5" long. Picked it up and moved it out of the way. It was kinda cute actually. Big snakes give me the willies.

Let a harmless tarantula crawl on my arm a long time ago in California. They have a very soft touch
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Back in the early '90's, my brother and I were visiting our Dad down in AZ. He lived just southwest of Maricopa on 4 acres in the desert. We were sitting on his deck, drinking Coronas when a 3' rattler crossed his driveway. We cut its head off with a shovel, skinned it and put it in the oven with "Shake-n-bake". (We heard it tasted like chicken, so oven fried made sense to us). That night we ate it and polished off a bottle of Jose'. Pretty much spent the entire next day puking our guts out. Wow....the fun times of youth!
    Funny story.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    raking the backyard the other day and came upon a little garden snake maybe 5" long. Picked it up and moved it out of the way. It was kinda cute actually. Big snakes give me the willies.

Let a harmless tarantula crawl on my arm a long time ago in California. They have a very soft touch
    For some reason, my sisters house and yard are LOADED with snakes. I'm talking hundreds at any given time. Rat snakes, Bull snakes, Garter snakes...all sizes and kinds. She's had professional snake exterminators, and they all say it's one of the worst infestations they've seen. Nothing seems to keep them out for long. Mice, however, are not an issue.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    Good thing I don't have snakes here!
    Mike, you have bears, reindeer, elks, and Gilles, none of which will fit the standard bowl opening.