Thread: Is there anything better?

User Info Menu

Default Is there anything better?

Sitting here listening to my son do our lesson for the week (Syncopation accent pages, doing toms on the accents instead of just accents). He was doing great, and when he was done he had a huge smile on his face. He comes up to me and says, "Man this weeks lesson is fun!" There is nothing better than watching your kids grow in their interests. I have watched it for years in our judo, and now I get to see it in our drumming. Makes the grind of everyday worth it.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Default Re: Is there anything better?

Absolutely! I have kids and have watched them play in sports, etc. That's one of the great things about being a parent.

User Info Menu

Truth

User Info Menu

That's really cool to read OldeEnglishD. My 12 year old is taking saxophone and guitar lessons. He's a better horn player than he is a guitar player but his breathing, the ability to hold notes and sustain them with one gasp of air is something he developed while swimming for our local recreational swim team. He's getting better after every lesson but as a 12 year, he get's easily distracted.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    but as a 12 year, he get's easily distracted.
    I'm 4 times that age and still easily distracted!