Thread: Sabian HHX Evolution hi hats versus Paiste Rude 14" Hi hats

User Info Menu

Default Sabian HHX Evolution hi hats versus Paiste Rude 14" Hi hats

Hi all,

So I'm researching into possibly getting another set of hi Hats I currently own the Paiste RUDE 14" hi hats. I have been playing with the idea of possibly getting the Sabian HHX Evoluiton 14" Hi hats.

Is there a significant difference and reason to move to them from the Paiste Rude Hi Hats? Or should i just consider keeping what I have. I want to play a variety of music genres, bu ti think mu current hats are too heavy and better suited for Rock/Metal. Would like your input.

Thanks,

omauro

User Info Menu

Default Re: Sabian HHX Evolution hi hats versus Paiste Rude 14" Hi hats

I had a pair of Rude 14" SoundEdge hats and they fit the metal genre perfectly. I regret selling them since joining a "metal band" recently. The HHX Evolutions I own are 13" and I had them customized at Sabian in Canada. The Rudes were loud but very crisp. The HHX 13" hats have less volume and Dave Weckl specifically designed the HHX Evolutions series hats to NOT dominate over the rest of the kit. The Rudes however overpower and stand out over the entire ki.t

User Info Menu

The HHX Evolution series as a whole is extremely versatile. It really depends on what the rest of your cymbals are and what music you'd like to play the most. There's a pretty big difference between these two lines.

User Info Menu

awesome replies I could see myself getting the HHX Evolution Hi Hats in the future. Just wanted to confirm they are entirely a different beast. As always great help on this site.

User Info Menu

Just get the Sabian's and keep the Paiste's . Both are different animals and worthy of having in your own cymbal collection .

User Info Menu

I was just thinking that Jedi. Thanks for enforcing that notion

User Info Menu

Before I pulled the trigger on on a set of 14" Sabian Vault hi hats, I auditioned a set of 13" Sabian HHX Evolution hats. I completely fell in love with the Evolutions, but then I ran across the Vaults that were behind the counter at GC. I liked them, and could turn them down due to the incredibly good deal I got. To this day I regret not getting the 13" Evolutions.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I would keep the Rude hats if you are going to play metal. If say classic rock I would do the HHX Evolution.
    Conrad