Thread: Dance of Eternity Davikah

User Info Menu

Default Dance of Eternity Davikah

This young lady is the 1st drummer to really impress me in a couple of decades. I know that there are a ton of really good drummers out there (I don't use the word great anymore because it seems that every drummer in a group that has achieved a modicum of fame, is now declared "great", and the word has been thrown around so much that it no longer has any meaning) and there are a lot I like, but, for playing 5 years, I find her playing ability remarkable.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Dance of Eternity Davikah

That was bad a*s. Funny, this is a drum forum and something like this gets no comments but you ask if it's raining in Omaha a full blown community chat breaks out.

User Info Menu

Is it raining in Omaha? Just kidding of course. Yes she is great for 5 years of playing. I wonder how Bridie is doing these days cause she is another young drummer girl with potential.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    That was bad a*s. Funny, this is a drum forum and something like this gets no comments but you ask if it's raining in Omaha a full blown community chat breaks out.
    Marc, we both know that drummers (especially guys) have heavy egos. When someone like Davikah comes along and a lot of guys that have been playing for way more than 5 years see a young "girl" who can outplay them, it is either complete silence or "she wouldn't get noticed if she wasn't cute".

I have become a huge fan and can sit back and watch her play songs that I know there are other drummers out there wouldn't even attempt. Plain and simple, she is fun to watch because she enjoys playing like Ms Caplette. Catch the fill at 4:45 of Enigma Machine.

User Info Menu

Everything you say is valid. There is more to it than that though IMHO.

User Info Menu

"There is more to it than that though IMHO."

There always is Marc, there always is.