I have a set of Pearl Session Custom in the all Maple shells . It has the 14 inch hanging tom . I was ok with that for a long time . But now I just don't feel like carrying the extra weight of the double braced DW cymbal stand I was using to hang it off of . So I dug out the Ludwig Atlas mounts and put them on along with a set of legs from the old REMO kit I use to have .
Well...it worked ..sort of . I'm now using a Yamaha single braced stand that I put a 21 inch ride and a 18 inch crash on . So the hardware bag is much lighter . But now the floor tom doesn't extend high enough . And it's a bit top heavy , because the shell is 12 inches deep , the legs are at the very top . Then it sorta looks like something that belongs in a Star Wars movie .
Last night we had a gig and the leader of the band was late with the PA and we had to start without him playing instrumentals . So as we were playing he throws a speaker cord behind me and it caught the leg and the tom fell over and almost went over the 15 foot drop behind me !
So I decided to put it back as a hanging tom and drag out that DW stand once again .
Lesson learned ....

P floor.jpg