Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Open Letter To My New Band About Practice

User Info Menu

Default Re: Open Letter To My New Band About Practice

Glad you guys got things straightened out, Rich. Obviously you know your tone was strong in the email, but sometimes that's the only way to get the point across. I've been there. But I do think you were 100% right. Especially at the beginning, you've got to get the songs right and make sure you're all on the same page. Once you guys have a few gigs under your belts and are comfortable with one another you can probably fly through the set, but when you're just getting your feet under you as a group you've got to slow down a bit.

Good work. Looking forward to hearing more.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    Glad you guys got things straightened out, Rich. Obviously you know your tone was strong in the email, but sometimes that's the only way to get the point across. I've been there. But I do think you were 100% right. Especially at the beginning, you've got to get the songs right and make sure you're all on the same page. Once you guys have a few gigs under your belts and are comfortable with one another you can probably fly through the set, but when you're just getting your feet under you as a group you've got to slow down a bit.

Good work. Looking forward to hearing more.
    Thanks Mark! I know your last band played a lot of gigs and you're are wise about this kind of stuff! I appreciate the feedback.

User Info Menu

Rich, after reading through the thread, I'm glad it worked out. I also suspect that without your email (yes, it might have been better in person, but in the end it had the desired effect) the issue would have gone on festering to a point that you might have bailed. Doing what you did tells me that you enjoy playing in this band, and I'm glad that they understood your concerns, even if it was tense for a little while.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Rich, after reading through the thread, I'm glad it worked out. I also suspect that without your email (yes, it might have been better in person, but in the end it had the desired effect) the issue would have gone on festering to a point that you might have bailed. Doing what you did tells me that you enjoy playing in this band, and I'm glad that they understood your concerns, even if it was tense for a little while.
    Thanks Pastor Bob for your input. I enjoy playing in this band very much and working it out certainly has changed the atmosphere at practice.