Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any regrets?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Any regrets?

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    You did what you thought was best in the moment. Let it go.
    Tom, that's just the tip of the iceberg. There is so much more to this then 1 post could cover. After that, something happened that I would have never believed possible that made me look into some things, so it's not over yet.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    Tom, that's just the tip of the iceberg. There is so much more to this then 1 post could cover. After that, something happened that I would have never believed possible that made me look into some things, so it's not over yet.
    I can only imagine, judging by your avatar.

User Info Menu

I can only imagine, judging by your avatar.
    G-O-D would be correct.

User Info Menu

That last beer at my friend Dave's bachelor party.

User Info Menu

Ha-ha!

You got it. 👍😉

Acoustic & Electronic:
    Pearl Prestige World Series WLX 1988
    Tama Swingstar 1983
    Tama Superstar Hyper-Drive (Birch) 2007
    Ludwig Acrolite Snare 1976
    Ludwig Supraphonic 6.5x14" 2021
    Pearl Sensitone Elite Aluminum 5.5" and 6.5" Snare
    Pearl COB Custom Deluxe [Gladstone] (75-76) Snare
    Love Drum Co. Hammered Steel 5.5" Snare
    Roland TD-1KV

Paiste
    Accent 8"

Paiste Signature:
    6", 10" Splash
    14" Dark Crisp Hi-Hats
    14" Sound Edge Hi-Hats
    16", 17", 18",19", 20" Full Crash
    22" Symphonic Med-Heavy (use as a Ride)

Paiste Formula 602:
    22" Formula 602 Modern Essentials Ride

Paiste 2oo2:
    22" Ride
    16" Crash
    8",10" Splash

Paiste 2oo2 Big Beat:
    15" Hi-Hats
    19", 20", 21" Big Beat Multifunctional

Paiste Sound Formula:
    16" Crash
    20" Full Ride (Frankenstein)

Paiste Twenty:
    16" China

Paiste Alpha (original Swiss made):
    12" Splash

Paiste PST7:
    Medium
    16", 18" Crash
    20" Ride
    14" Hi-Hats

Sabian:
    XS20 18" China
    AA 14" Fusion Hi-Hats

User Info Menu

Like all of us, certainly I have regrets, but like most of us who chose the path of peace and sanity I never dwell on them.
    That said there's something that comes back to me once in a while. Not really a "regret", but more of a fork in the road/possibly major "what if."
    I was playing with an original band from Hopkinsville KY. We were playing a gig in Jacksonville, FL, and knew we were breaking up in a few months. We were playing sort of southern country rock moving toward a jazzier bop-swing thing after I joined.
    There was a sax player (named Smokey) that was coming in every night and he spoke to some of the other guys about me and then asked me if I would try out for his jazz group. He "liked the way I swing."
    It was just before Xmas, ('75) I was in my mid to late 20s and was super homesick for a family holiday back up north so I passed it up and headed home after the gig.
    I've wondered more than once over the years what would have become of my music career had I ventured down the path of swingin' with Smokey and the boys.

User Info Menu

i kind of regret not trying harder with the other guys to find a replacement singer for our band in the 90's. We were a pretty good original rock band. I still remember my audition. But things happen for reasons sometimes unknown.

I don't regret the long break i took after 97.
    Last edited by slinky; 04-03-2017 at 07:08 AM.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

in general 0 regrets on any decisions made along my life. the only choice that i did that i would change is the lenght of time i've replaced music by racing ; instead of the 8 last years lost over my 15 years in racing , ( when in fact i knew perfectly after the firsts 6-7 years that there was no career for me into it ) i know now that it would had been wiser to just let this go after 7-8 years. i came back to drums and music (40 i'm now 53) maybe too late in my life to really entertain any hopes of getting some of my yearly earning with music, whereas if i had came back to music earlier, the drive to go on the road with a band and play out there wouldn't have been diluted with age .

playing for myself is rewarding, but i sometimes miss to play in a band for the fun of it.
    tama SC/BB anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12-16-bd 22reference snare14x5cymbals HHX's/AAX'shardware tama

User Info Menu

I have a couple, the biggest being I regret selling some of the kits I owned. Recently though I've come into possession of some old Video tape of one of the more successful bands I was in. Watching it I am kind of just maybe a little bit regretting quitting at such a young age. I stopped playing out at age 31 , although i was completely burnt out on playing popular cover tunes at the time, ( so much so to this day I can't listen to music on the radio) we were still a very successful band and going strong when I left. Oh well , I still have enjoyed playing in my basement for the past 26 years.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nubdrummer View Post
    I regret that I took such a long break from playing. I wouldn't have been easy with young kids, but I wish I had at least kept up some minimal amount of playing so that I would be much further ahead now, instead of trying to get back to where I was at 23.
    Exactly what I regret aswell.
    System of Power