Thread: Ramble on Led Zeppelin

User Info Menu

Default Ramble on Led Zeppelin

Love this guy is playing the 16th notes? Sounds eeerily like the studio version and he seems to be playing it on an 8" very tight tom drum with pressure on it? I heard that Bonham did it on a towel over the floor tom rim but I am not sure I buy that? Also the end section where the beat stays steady starting about 3:48 is really throwing me for a loop. Sounds like a shuffle on the bass drum.
    Last edited by MDK; 04-01-2017 at 10:51 AM.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Default Re: Ramble on Led Zeppelin

Even the part starting aroud 2:30 is a lil tricky. I will get it but the feel he seemingly naturally has is really one of a kind IMO. Band decided to cover this song, and I was like yeah thats great and one of his easier songs but man to do it justice is some work. Albeit alot of fun : O
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

those guys sounds great. bass and singer has the right tone ,so eyes closed you see led zep live like 40 years ago.
    tama SC/BB anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12-16-bd 22reference snare14x5cymbals HHX's/AAX'shardware tama

User Info Menu

I used to use a towel over the tom. Sounded like the album. I think my hand would get tired doing it that way lol

User Info Menu

I never knew Bonham played it that way, agree, its very tiresome.

User Info Menu

John Bonham was a genius when it came to making is drums sound the way he wanted too with all is little tricks of the trade. So trying to sound like the Bonham sound takes a lot of research and tweaking around the kit.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    those guys sounds great. bass and singer has the right tone ,so eyes closed you see led zep live like 40 years ago.
    Best cover of Ramble on I've heard!

User Info Menu

huh...and I used to use a suitcase!

User Info Menu

Brilliant!