Thread: drummerboy60 is back

User Info Menu

Default drummerboy60 is back

Hi everyone, Drummerboy60 is back. I have been gone awhile due to almost given up on playing drums. Going back and playing drums at Church this Sunday. I guess I set myself up thinking I could make it as a professional drummer and make lots of money(lol). Haven't really been practicing much because thought to myself what's the use. There is no market here where I live for musician's. Now at 57 I think I might try a different approach but haven't played ever since the talent show. You see at the talent show I dropped one of my sticks but kept playing and then a gentleman handed me the stick that I dropped. I finished my solo and everybody told me that I did a great job. Well anyway I am glad to be back.

Keep drumming
    Gregg

User Info Menu

Default Re: drummerboy60 is back

Don't feel bad. When I first started playing again I attempted a really fast run. I pulled it off, but when I went to hit the cymbal the stick came flying out of my hand. I tried to catch it, but ended up slapping it and it flew across the platform and hit the song leader in the back as he was standing behind the pulpit. It was embarrassing, but hilarious at the same time!
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Welcome back... Dropping a stick just teaches you to be prepared and keep more sticks readily available.

Glad you didn't fully quit!

User Info Menu

During my last drumming exam. Dropped a stick right in front of the evaluator. He's sitting less than 6 feet away from me in a little soundproof room, and I have to stop the song to pick it up. Not the best mark on that song. It was a stupid mistake too. I completely missed the hi hats and I basically threw it at the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Always have spare sticks available. Lesson learned. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Keep going.

User Info Menu

I'm glad to see that you didn't give up on the drums drummerboy60. If you play for the love of playing, rather than just for a single agenda, you'll find that you'll just keep playing until an opportunity comes along.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

drummerboy60 I think it is better for you to forget about a career in drumming I mean man at 57 it will be kind of hard. You can still find a couple of guys your age and do some jamming etc. You can never stop drumming it's in your blood so enjoy it. You can still play drums in church. Not being negative or anything just pointing it out your options man.