Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Pearl stand bites the dust !!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Another Pearl stand bites the dust !!

I've always had good luck with PDP 800 and 900 series hardware. I believe the 900 series has been replaced by the Concept series. The exception on my kit is the Tama Iron Cobra Lever Glide hi-hat stand, which is a great stand.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

had some heavy duty cast iron handle 90's Pearls ....they did pritty good but they got rusty and they eventually where unusable

User Info Menu

So the parts came in just now from Pearl . I must say ... I was not expecting all this ! There are enough parts here for four stands . They even sent me the smaller bushings for the top tier .
    I bought my first Pearl kit back in 1980 and it was what was later to be called their Export kit . It was black and it had a grey finish on the inside of the shells . But my next kit was a Tama and then a few more Tamas after that . Then I got a Sessions Custom Maple . Then a few years later I was given a PDP Birch kit but I didn't like it so I traded it for a Pearl Vision Birch kit . I have a ICON rack but I don't use it anymore ... I used that kit at church and it was set up on the rack because we didn't have to move it . I've been very happy with Pearl drums and their hardware till this started to happen with the stands .

But as you can see they stand behind their product .

And their customer support is one of the best .

Pearl stand parts.jpg

User Info Menu

On the left is the old bushing , broke , and on the right the new one . The new one has a bump where the other had none . So I hope this prevents these from breaking like the old ones .
    Keeping my fingers crossed ...

old n new.jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jedi View Post
    So the parts came in just now from Pearl . I must say ... I was not expecting all this ! There are enough parts here for four stands . They even sent me the smaller bushings for the top tier .
    I bought my first Pearl kit back in 1980 and it was what was later to be called their Export kit . It was black and it had a grey finish on the inside of the shells . But my next kit was a Tama and then a few more Tamas after that . Then I got a Sessions Custom Maple . Then a few years later I was given a PDP Birch kit but I didn't like it so I traded it for a Pearl Vision Birch kit . I have a ICON rack but I don't use it anymore ... I used that kit at church and it was set up on the rack because we didn't have to move it . I've been very happy with Pearl drums and their hardware till this started to happen with the stands .

But as you can see they stand behind their product .

And their customer support is one of the best .

Pearl stand parts.jpg
    Told you so. Glad they took good care of you. I guess another gold star for Pearl's reputation as being a PR company that cares.

User Info Menu

wow nice package from Pearl... I sometimes wished I'd had bought into Pearl when I started out. I was always in the Tama camp drums and hardware. These days I'll play anything and love my Pearl snares! have 2 brass.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

You know, when I first started drumming as a teenager in the late 60's I had two kits a Ludwig and a Pearl and for some reason love the sound of the Pearl drums over the Ludwig. To this day Pearl has been my only brand and the reason is also the durability, sound and of course the warranty. Just sayin everyone has their own reasons to stick with one brand some others don't.
    Last edited by Pearl MCX Man; 04-29-2017 at 11:33 AM.

User Info Menu

Well I guess I have to take back my earlier post in this thread. Yesterday I was doing some minor adjusting on my kit and the exact same thing happened to my Pearl 900 series hi-hat stand. Fortunately for now the memory lock holds it in place.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NPYYZ View Post
    Well I guess I have to take back my earlier post in this thread. Yesterday I was doing some minor adjusting on my kit and the exact same thing happened to my Pearl 900 series hi-hat stand. Fortunately for now the memory lock holds it in place.
    I hope you contact Pear with your dilemma . I'm sure they will treat you well as they did me .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jedi View Post
    I hope you contact Pear with your dilemma . I'm sure they will treat you well as they did me .
    Yes I contacted them and sent a picture of the broken part. They responded and said I could get one at my local drum shop for a couple dollars. That's fine and i will buy one, a couple dollars is nothing, however I will never buy a Pearl product again. After years of using their hardware, and I've owned a few kits as well, they can't offer to send me a $2.00 replacement for free? Screw them.