Hello all , so I've been seeing this drum lesson thing appear in my news feed on Facebook over the past few weeks so I decided to sign up for the free part of it. I won't name it because it probably would be considered a competing business with this site. Anyway the other night they posted a one hour lesson with Todd Sucherman. I found this to be very informative and helpful. I took his advise and did some tweaking to my kit, making the toms more comfortable to get at and raising my snare a bit. His advise was to make sure and spend a minimum of one hour a day playing my kit , no matter what , at least an hour. I've done this for the past 3 days, usually ends up being more then an hour and I am already seeing improvements. The little things are that much easier already and my speed is coming back. He recommends doing this for at least 6 months to a year to get myself back in top form. I'm also going to pick up his instructional DVD's. lastly I ordered a laptop mount for my drum rack that should arrive the 17th. I'm inspired again.
Here's a couple pic's. I moved the 10" tom in closer to the snare. I move the two 8" toms to the right closer to the 10" and dropped one of them down a bit. so much more fluid now.