Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got to assemble 10 new kits

User Info Menu

Default Re: Got to assemble 10 new kits

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    Unless I happen to be in Memphis (location of one of the all-time great shops I like to support), I buy all I need on-line.
    Would that store be on Cooper? in the Cooper Young district?

I LOVE to go in there and just get lost looking at all the stuff. GC is closer to me, but I'm not real keen on some of their staff.
    Take care and seeya!

Jim

User Info Menu

I received an email notice today from DCP telling me about their Grand Opening......................the place looks awesome.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    I received an email notice today from DCP telling me about their Grand Opening......................the place looks awesome.
    Yes it is even better in person. I will be at the grand opening/anniversary. I won a Tama slp last year. Always a good time, free food, and lots of good conversation with other drummers in the area as well as ridiculous sale prices going on.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Got there today for the grand opening of new facility and their 8th anniversary. They gave away alot of stuff this year, $1200+ snares, cymbals, drums etc, They had reps from every major drum and cymbal manufacturer you can think of and even boutique owners Like Dunnett, Noble & Cooley, Longo, Unix, Acoutin, etc...They also had some really good Free food and soda's and man I was hungry.

I was walking around talking to a few old instructors I ran into as well as a few friends I know who drum one of which ordered a brand new 4 pc DW collectors while there. They had a raffle that if you spent $200 there this year you could get into but by the end of the day they let everyone in attendance get a ticket. I had already spent $500 there this year (new kit for grand daughter) but I bought a Chad Smith cowbell anyway because everything in stock was 15% off and I needed a new one since I cannot get my old LP to fit comfortably on my new dw 9934 stand.

Long story short I missed out on a steam bent Longo Zebra wood snare that sounded absolutely friggin fantastic but I did win a 5pc Pearl decade drum set....Not a bad day to say the least. This store is the best in the country hands down...The only people who would say otherwise are people who have never been there and I would say that even if I never won anything. I plan on buying a new DW collectors maple snare there and possibly a Meinl Benny Greb sand cymbal set that just blew me away in person..

PEARL WIN jUNE 3RD 17.jpg
    Last edited by MDK; 06-03-2017 at 10:06 PM.
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Congrats on winning the New Decade kit man. Let us know how they sound cause this kit is new and the name says so after 10 years in the making.

User Info Menu

Thanks, I will give a review when I get some time. I can tell ya right off the bat that the stock snare batter is crap (expected at this price point) so I will change that out and give her a run through.
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy