Thread: Anyone remember my horrible singer stories?!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Default Anyone remember my horrible singer stories?!

Guess what.... Just got a private message on facebook from the drummer who took my place in my last band.

If no one remembers one of my main reasons for leaving was my singer.
    He was: ignorant, an alcoholic, stood us up on stage, always late, left early, never helped, couldn't sing without a lyric book... list goes on and on..

Well the new drummer just wrote me and said he's had it with the singer and has just quit!
    He said the world revolves around him and they had a huge argument about stupid things and has had it.

When will people learn?!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Anyone remember my horrible singer stories?!

Apparently never.

User Info Menu

When is the rest of he band gonna wake up and get rid of this guy. He has serious problems with alcohol and probably drugs too.

User Info Menu

Yes, I do!

Cheers.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Hate to see that happen to the other drummer and guitarists, but people like that (the singer) never learn. They just stumble through life, screwing things up for everyone they come in contact with. They're toxic.

Reminds me of our old bass player. We're going on 3 years without him, and things just get better for us every year. Meanwhile, he's still trying to put his own band together and driving other people crazy.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Yes I remember the frustration you had with your old singer. Wow! The other drummer quit too. What a shame, that dude needs a serious reality check or an intervention.

User Info Menu

Yep, I certainly remember the thread you started.

My opinion? Forget about him and move on. He's not worth your time. You've good things going on in your life and don't let him spoil it for you. Some people just need their own reality check when they finally fall.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

I read that thread. You were fortunate to escape, and now another drummer has escaped, too. It just goes to show the general intelligence of drummers.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I'm all for leaving well enough alone. I'm sure that band will eventually implode under the weight of it's own problems.

all the best...