Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sugardaddys - Third gig report - this might be the last one.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Sugardaddys - Third gig report - this might be the last one.

I think the guitar player should talk to his wife and tell her to grow up and act her age. This is where you see who wears the pants in that marriage lol Is he man enough or maybe he ain't. Just sayin.
    Last edited by Pearl MCX Man; 04-27-2017 at 03:10 PM.

User Info Menu

Yeah but you don't join a band to become a marriage counselor.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFortress View Post
    Yeah but you don't join a band to become a marriage counselor.
    I agree but the husband should have some control over his wife to avoid this kind of behavior towards other band members.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I think the guitar player should talk to his wife and tell her to grow up and act her age. This is where you see who wears the pants in that marriage lol Is he man enough or maybe he ain't. Just sayin.
    Yep!

Unfortunately since this isn't the first time it's happened, it's not likely to ever get fixed.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Wow. I guess I must have beat the odds. I played with a husband and wife band for a couples of years. No problems. She was an amazing singer and him a great guitarist. I'd still be with them if I hadn't uprooted and left for the Caribbean.

all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    Wow. I guess I must have beat the odds. I played with a husband and wife band for a couples of years. No problems. She was an amazing singer and him a great guitarist. I'd still be with them if I hadn't uprooted and left for the Caribbean.

all the best...
    So YOU were the one that made her mean.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Bish sorry to hear your troubles. I hope all works out for you in the end.
    Conrad

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CB700 View Post
    Bish sorry to hear your troubles. I hope all works out for you in the end.
    Thanks, Conrad. I'll know more tomorrow night. Two new guitarists are coming over...I hope to keep them both. LOL
    Signature here

User Info Menu

So what happened to the husband and wife team? Or did just the wife leave?
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Thanks, Conrad. I'll know more tomorrow night. Two new guitarists are coming over...I hope to keep them both. LOL
    Soooooooooooooo???

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinglander View Post
    So what happened to the husband and wife team? Or did just the wife leave?
    Since the husband basically cried NO CONTEST and we weren't willing to let her anywhere near us again, he chose to enable and empower her by allowing her bad behavior to stand and be acceptable. He told us he is "retiring" from playing which we know to be untrue. They will just suck in several more people unaware of her actions until she goes off again. It's happened before and nothing to indicate it won't happen again. Sadly, she is getting banned from some bars and soon there may not be enough left for her to go to with the rep she's earning for herself.

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Soooooooooooooo???
    Tonight we rock. I've spoken to everyone but the singer and both guitar players are going to be there and the one I'm bringing was actually satisfied with the set lists. Usually he wants to change a bunch of things and revamp. However, this time, most everything is in stone (to an extent) and they will be playing catch up. So much to do and who knows what direction we end up with when it's all said and done.

We just need to get through tonight to ensure we still have a workable product.

Is it just me or is this day draggggggggggggggggging by?
    Signature here

User Info Menu

After tonight you will see that you didn't really need those two. As for the husband what can I say other than she got him where she wants him.

User Info Menu

.......he chose to enable and empower her by allowing her bad behavior to stand and be acceptable. Sadly, she is getting banned from some bars and soon there may not be enough left for her to go to with the rep she's earning for herself.

.....this time, most everything is in stone (to an extent) and they will be playing catch up. So much to do and who knows what direction we end up with when it's all said and done.
    She's a GOOBER-DIVA...............good riddance.
    As for "what direction".....................this looks promising.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

I agree with you Ricardo they will do just fine without them.

User Info Menu

Yes, I tend to agree that we haven't lost much other than the investment of time with that group. We did, however, get three good gigs in so we won't be behind the 8-ball very much if at all. It's good to finally get talent and desire all in the same people. I hope to have some spouting off to do, tomorrow.

Thanks for all the support!!!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Good luck, Bish! I think this is a real blessing. You'd never get very far with a person like that in the band. I look back on where my band was 3yrs ago with our old bass player. Knowing what I know now, there's NO WAY we would have went anywhere. Once we ditched him, it was like things just gel'd. You need good people who will stick around through the building process. Someone like that is a drain on positive attitudes and will just drive good members away or (at best) restrict the building process. I view playing music as a collective art process. Everyone needs to operating on the same wavelength to make magic happen.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Good input, Brian. Thanks!

Went to rehearsal list night to audition the guitarists.

I had to ask the home owner if he'd painted the inside of the house. Why you ask?

Because it seemed so much brighter in there and all the previous oppressive emotions were gone and the entire evening was a pleasure.

Plus, we got at least one guitarist out of the deal and possibly the 2nd. The 2nd is going to "think it over" and in the mean time we are going to look for a keyboardist.

Either way, we are able to go gig when ready!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Glad things are working out. Things always seem to do that when you put forth good effort. The band I'm with now had some issued with previous musicians. Their old drummer called and wanted his spot back, but was told no because they found me. I asked if they were sure they wanted to do that since he has experience with the band, and they said yes. They said I'm a better player with a better attitude, and I "play the songs, not the drums".
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

I had to ask the home owner if he'd painted the inside of the house. Why you ask?

Because it seemed so much brighter in there and all the previous oppressive emotions were gone and the entire evening was a pleasure.
    Yes!!! That's EXACTLY the same thing we experienced the first practice after we canned our old Bass player!

It sounds exaggerated or cliche, but it really is profound. You don't notice the negative energy when things are "normal", but once the offending people are gone, it's a revelation. I honestly believe it's directly reflected in the music as well. Now the real creativity & progress can begin.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Glad it's working out for you. Have fun!!

User Info Menu

Damn Bish, thought you had a good thing going!

Musicians are a crazy bunch, but when it's a good fit, you can't beat the feeling.

Good luck brother

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Yes!!! That's EXACTLY the same thing we experienced the first practice after we canned our old Bass player!

It sounds exaggerated or cliche, but it really is profound. You don't notice the negative energy when things are "normal", but once the offending people are gone, it's a revelation. I honestly believe it's directly reflected in the music as well. Now the real creativity & progress can begin.
    It really was a revelation. Everyone noticed how much more relaxed the night was and how much better the music meshed.

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Glad it's working out for you. Have fun!!
    Thanks, I will now!

Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    Damn Bish, thought you had a good thing going!

Musicians are a crazy bunch, but when it's a good fit, you can't beat the feeling.

Good luck brother
    Thanks, sir, and welcome back!!!!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Yes Bish it is a better playing atmosphere with the drama gone. Glad things are working for you man.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    Yes Bish it is a better playing atmosphere with the drama gone. Glad things are working for you man.
    So far so good. We'll see how it goes after a few practices. Hoping for the best, ready for anything.
    Signature here