Thread: Audition this Saturday

User Info Menu

Default Audition this Saturday

So the band I posted about last week that a bass playing friend and I were going to try to put together didn't work out for various reasons. One of the bigger reasons is that a band that he previously played with is wanting to get back together. They kind of fell apart when the lead vocalist and my buddy both had some medical issues (surgeries - nothing major), but they want to get things going again. However, they don't have a drummer, so I got the call to audition this Saturday.

A little background on the band. They are well liked around my area. They played a lot of outdoor gigs, which is cool, and play all originals. They have cut a few CD's, and receive some local air play on radio. They are "southern rock mixed with some blues and creole" as I had it described to me.

My bass playing friend says he is certain I will get the gig. He has been watching me play for over 20 years, and he says there's nothing they do that I can't do.

I've been listening to their most recent CD and they are going to get me copies of earlier music I don't have. Needless to say, I'm excited about this opportunity. I hate the band we were trying to put together didn't work out, but I can't blame my bass playing buddy for wanting to go back to an established group he has played with for years, even if I don't end up getting the gig.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Audition this Saturday

That's awesome. Good luck with it!

User Info Menu

Too bad about the other band but this sound like a lot of fun. Good luck!
    I don't put a face on God. So he would probably look like Jimi Hendrix.
    - Chad Smith
    Everyone's screwed up in their own special way.
    Joey Ramone

User Info Menu

Good luck. I hope it works out for you. Be leery if any females are holding a microphone.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Good luck. I hope it works out for you. Be leery if any females are holding a microphone.
    No females in this band. It's an all dude thing lol
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    No females in this band. It's an all dude thing lol
    Whatever floats your boat.. we don't judge here hahahahahahahahahaha j/k :P

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    Whatever floats your boat.. we don't judge here hahahahahahahahahaha j/k :P
    That's what she said!