Thread: Got a new hardware bag

User Info Menu

Default Got a new hardware bag

One of the local music stores had some bags on sale - originally $150. I snagged one for $75 plus tax.

All of my cymbal stands, my throne, and by double kick pedal all fit.

It has rollers on it, so it will be easy to drag along. It will also cut down on my load in and out time as well.

20170427_173504.jpg
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Got a new hardware bag

HAHAHAHA the good ol' hi-hat rod issue lol

Nice pick up!

User Info Menu

Looks ok but how long will it last before it starts to rip apart from the weight of the hardware. Just saying.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    Looks ok but how long will it last before it starts to rip apart from the weight of the hardware. Just saying.
    It is lined on the inside with padding. Hopefully that helps.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    HAHAHAHA the good ol' hi-hat rod issue lol

Nice pick up!
    They never make them long enough for the hi-hats. ����

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    They never make them long enough for the hi-hats. ����
    I have a Roadrunner rolling bag that's long enough (50") to hold the hi-hat. I thought it would be great, but turned out to be a royal pain to lug around and handle. The cymbal stands are not as long as the assembled hi-hat, so the bag gets pretty "floppy" on one end.
    I'm MUCH happier with my new 36" bag and dis-assembling the hi/hat rod.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Whatever doesn't fit in the bag, just lop it off with some bolt cutters. Problem solved.
    It's like your appendix - you don't really use it so it's okay to just get rid of it.

User Info Menu

If you slide out the top tube of the H/H stand and unscrew the rod you can use the tube to protect the rod inside your equipment bag. It only takes a few seconds to unscrew or reassemble the top tube and rod - lugging a bag around with the h/h rod sticking out like that is just asking for trouble

User Info Menu

I've been looking for a new one for quite some time. Can't find anything I like so I haven't pulled the trigger.

User Info Menu

I'm using a big Navy sea bag from Army/Navy for my stands now. Heavy duty material and zipper but no wheels and the rod sticks out too. All the moving around has really taken a toll on my hardware. Everything is so road rashed
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN