Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got the gig

User Info Menu

Default Re: Got the gig

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    So we have our "closing" song for our set list.

https://www.reverbnation.com/johnhar...-darken-corner
    DW, this is a true story. 1 of the 1st bands I was in when I got out of the USAF was playing our 1st gig. When it came down to the last song of the night, the lead guitar/singer came over to me and our bass player and asked what we should close with. We told him to just pick something as the gig went great so the last song wasn't going to make us or break us.

While we are waiting for him to decide, he walks up to the mic and, so help me, this is true, he starts singing M-I-C---K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E, and proceeds to play the Mickey Mouse Club Theme and people start singing it with him. I'm sitting behind my drums semi stunned at this, but it turned out fine.

After the gig, we went for breakfast at this diner and there are a lot of people in line outside waiting to get in. Some of the people recognize us and let us get to the front of the line. We get a table and, out of the back, we hear M-I-C---K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E, and within a minute or so, everyone in the diner is singing the Mickey Mouse Club Theme. That was about '71 and it's a night I'll never forget.

User Info Menu

We have brought in a new guitarist and will get back going again. We have a Wounded Warriors gig after the first of the year.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

In regards to the Wounded Warrior show, we have been told there is a good chance we will open for David Allen Coe
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

We added a new lead guitarist. Today was his first practice and he nailed it. He brings a whole new dynamic to the band compared to the guy we used to have. This is just a practice, but he did good. This is an original called "The Storm"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    We added a new lead guitarist. Today was his first practice and he nailed it. He brings a whole new dynamic to the band compared to the guy we used to have. This is just a practice, but he did good. This is an original called "The Storm"

Good go'in Whip, sounded great! Sounds like it's all coming together. I really hope you land on a Saturn V, I know you will be stoked!! New member sounds good!

User Info Menu

Thanks! I'm wanting to upgrade my kit for sure. Maybe the income tax fairy will give me enough money to do so lol

User Info Menu

way to go!!!