Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: At it again-Shelby

User Info Menu

Default Re: At it again-Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    There were a handful of Gremlins that were converted by an Arizona AMC dealership from the 304 V8 to a 401. At the time, they were quite a "sleeper"...mid13's in the 1/4 mile, which was about as fast (or faster) than any factory muscle car at the time.

Attachment 13857
    Yep, I had one with the 401 and a warner T10 4speed manual tranny. Someone had put a few bucks into the whole thing as well. There were some other engine modifications such as a 4bbl carb, low rise intake manifold, headers and they had installed traction bars and tubbed in the rear wheels. Someone had also taken the time to make a whole new dash panel with toggle switches and gauges for oil pressure, temp, tachometer, lights, etc. Did I mention it had nitrous? LOL! I could literally smoke the tires in every gear. That car was a riot to drive. My friends thought I was nuts for buying it, until they rode in it.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Markadiddle;706412]Yep, I had one with the 401 and a warner T10 4speed manual tranny. Someone had put a few bucks into the whole thing as well. There were some other engine modifications such as a 4bbl carb, low rise intake manifold, headers and they had installed traction bars and tubbed in the rear wheels. Someone had also taken the time to make a whole new dash panel with toggle switches and gauges for oil pressure, temp, tachometer, lights, etc. Did I mention it had nitrous? LOL! I could literally smoke the tires in every gear. That car was a riot to drive. My friends thought I was nuts for buying it, until they rode in it.

Tell me that you had wheelie bars on it. I had a '74 AMX that I had Manhattan Speed Shop work over. They sent it back to me with 440-450HP and I could pull the front wheels a few inches off the ground. Your car would probably flip over.

User Info Menu

I know that I had to put traction bars on my little Gremlin cause the rear end would bounce around when releasing clutch. I destroyed my rear leaf spring once when racing another car. Was sitting at a red light and when it turn green I let her go and she starting to bounce and then all of a sudden the whole rear of the car landed on my back tires no ****. Had to replace both rear leaf springs as it looked like someone had cut them with a hack saw nice clear cut. Traction bars fixed that problem.