Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: At it again-Shelby

User Info Menu

Default Re: At it again-Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    There were a handful of Gremlins that were converted by an Arizona AMC dealership from the 304 V8 to a 401. At the time, they were quite a "sleeper"...mid13's in the 1/4 mile, which was about as fast (or faster) than any factory muscle car at the time.

Attachment 13857
    Yep, I had one with the 401 and a warner T10 4speed manual tranny. Someone had put a few bucks into the whole thing as well. There were some other engine modifications such as a 4bbl carb, low rise intake manifold, headers and they had installed traction bars and tubbed in the rear wheels. Someone had also taken the time to make a whole new dash panel with toggle switches and gauges for oil pressure, temp, tachometer, lights, etc. Did I mention it had nitrous? LOL! I could literally smoke the tires in every gear. That car was a riot to drive. My friends thought I was nuts for buying it, until they rode in it.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Markadiddle;706412]Yep, I had one with the 401 and a warner T10 4speed manual tranny. Someone had put a few bucks into the whole thing as well. There were some other engine modifications such as a 4bbl carb, low rise intake manifold, headers and they had installed traction bars and tubbed in the rear wheels. Someone had also taken the time to make a whole new dash panel with toggle switches and gauges for oil pressure, temp, tachometer, lights, etc. Did I mention it had nitrous? LOL! I could literally smoke the tires in every gear. That car was a riot to drive. My friends thought I was nuts for buying it, until they rode in it.

Tell me that you had wheelie bars on it. I had a '74 AMX that I had Manhattan Speed Shop work over. They sent it back to me with 440-450HP and I could pull the front wheels a few inches off the ground. Your car would probably flip over.

User Info Menu

I know that I had to put traction bars on my little Gremlin cause the rear end would bounce around when releasing clutch. I destroyed my rear leaf spring once when racing another car. Was sitting at a red light and when it turn green I let her go and she starting to bounce and then all of a sudden the whole rear of the car landed on my back tires no ****. Had to replace both rear leaf springs as it looked like someone had cut them with a hack saw nice clear cut. Traction bars fixed that problem.
    Keep on drumming and have fun doing it.

5pc Pearl MCX Chestnut Fade 12x9, 13x10, 16x16, 18x22 14x6.5 matching snare
    Pearl Sensitone 14x5.5 steel alloy snare
    Vintage Slingerland " Festival" steel snare 14x5
    Zildjian A's (avendis) Vintage 70's era
    17 med thin crash, 14 new beat hhts and 21 sweet crash/ride
    Zildjian K 18 med thin crash
    Pearl 1000 series all double braced hadware: 2 cymbal stands , 1 boom stand, hhts stand, snare stand
    Pearl Eliminator single chain drive