Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: At it again-Shelby

User Info Menu

Default At it again-Shelby

This might be the new toy, a SHELBY GT 350 COBRA. 540HP I took it for a ride before they put it in the showroom. AWESOME doesn't even begin to describe the power of this car. You can have it in 5th gear at 40 MPH and still spin the tires

Now I have to see if I want to go for about $67,000 after they get finished with all the things that get added on. It's not a practical car, it's a ego car. That will work for me!!!!!

User Info Menu

Default Re: At it again-Shelby

Wow, you weren't kidding! Nice, very nice.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

She's a beauty
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

It doesn't mean that I'm going to buy it. There's a big difference between the $30,000+ that I paid for the Mustang I have and about $67,000 that the Shelby costs. The other 1 was a gimme, I knew I was going to get a new 'Stang. This is a totally different ballgame.

I don't have a bucket list. If I did, a Shelby would be on it. Somewhere, somehow, I seem to have missed the practicality gene. It obviously was replaced with 5 "I want it now" genes. Hell of a way to live.

User Info Menu

Rick, I don't see that much difference between the Stang you have now and this Shelby. Usually Shelby's have pin stripping and Shelby written on it. If you decide to buy this Shelby Rick well you can't say that I did not mention from the start when you were customizing your new Stang that you should of bought a Shelby. The way I look at it man if you can afford it go for it you only live once might as well enjoy it.
    Last edited by Pearl MCX Man; 05-09-2017 at 06:58 AM.

User Info Menu

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it

User Info Menu

Now that would be a blast!!!! And would smoke my car!

User Info Menu

Now this is a Shelby My color and if I could afford or talk the wife into it this would be my pick

Last edited by Pearl MCX Man; 05-09-2017 at 08:17 AM.

User Info Menu

Rick, if I was in a life position to even be CLOSE to pulling the trigger....

Practical? Who cares? Making a career out of being a drummer was not practical, but you did it (and were successful).

Look at it this way, that Shelby can be driven anywhere. And it goes around corners. Compared to the new Dodge Demon, it's extremely practical, LOL.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

For me, it would be this
    Screen Shot 2017-05-09 at 9.32.49 AM.jpg

User Info Menu

^yeah buddy great choice

User Info Menu

I've been jonesing for one of these....Problem is they don't make a cold air intake system for it.

amc-pacer.jpg
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    I've been jonesing for one of these....Problem is they don't make a cold air intake system for it.

amc-pacer.jpg
    All that Pacer needs is a big block Chev motor with a blower sticking out of the hood. If it had those features, I'd definitely be jonesing for it!
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

No idea how we went from Shelbys to Pacers, but "hold my beer"....

IMG_0921.JPG
    -Brian

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    No idea how we went from Shelbys to Pacers, but "hold my beer"....

IMG_0921.JPG
    Now that's what I'm talking about!
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

User Info Menu

That HAS to be one of the ugliest cars EVER

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    That HAS to be one of the ugliest cars EVER
    That's the point. It's so ugly it's cool.
    Stolen from EddieV:

User Info Menu

I once owned the Pacer's little ugly sister the Gremlin X which had a small V8 and she was snappy but ugly lol. and fun to drive.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I once owned the Pacer's little ugly sister the Gremlin X which had a small V8 and she was snappy but ugly lol. and fun to drive.
    A 304 perhaps?
    Stolen from EddieV:

User Info Menu

yes it was and I love to drive that little car around it had a lot of pep with a 3 speed standard.

User Info Menu

There were a handful of Gremlins that were converted by an Arizona AMC dealership from the 304 V8 to a 401. At the time, they were quite a "sleeper"...mid13's in the 1/4 mile, which was about as fast (or faster) than any factory muscle car at the time.

IMG_0924.JPG
    -Brian

User Info Menu

So....it's been 2 days. Got your Shelby yet, Rick???
    -Brian

User Info Menu

So....it's been 2 days. Got your Shelby yet, Rick???
    He did. As hard as I tried to jack the thread, my little Pacer just didn't have enough power. That Pacer with the blower is hilarious but cool all at the same time.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Lessons in life;
    -Never comment on your wife's clothes
    -Never spit into the wind
    -Never attempt to thread-jack with an AMC Pacer
    -Brian

User Info Menu

There were a handful of Gremlins that were converted by an Arizona AMC dealership from the 304 V8 to a 401. At the time, they were quite a "sleeper"...mid13's in the 1/4 mile, which was about as fast (or faster) than any factory muscle car at the time.

IMG_0924.JPG
    My Gremlin X was green like the border on this post, white striping, rally wheels. She was cute and fast for it's size.