Thread: Had a bittersweet practice yesterday

User Info Menu

Default Had a bittersweet practice yesterday

I've been with one of my bands since I was 11 (I'm 14 now). Yesterday only 2 out of 4 of us showed up to practice. We've been really busy lately with our album which is coming out in less than a month but yesterday we just decided to sit down with our friend, who is a lot older than us and an amazing pianist, and just jam. We did a long version of Halelujah and I almost started crying. I've grown up with these people and they've supported me through everything. Sadly, I'm moving to philly at the end of the year do we only have a little time left. I know I'll never find a band like this again but I'm thankful that I got to play with them for this long.
    I don't put a face on God. So he would probably look like Jimi Hendrix.
    - Chad Smith
    Everyone's screwed up in their own special way.
    Joey Ramone

User Info Menu

Default Re: Had a bittersweet practice yesterday

That is super sad to hear. Luckily you're still young and you'll have plenty of opportunities still to meet new people now.
    My advice is don't be afraid to throw yourself out there and experiment with any and all musicians you meet.
    You never know who you'll find where!

User Info Menu

You're only 14, and you have an album being released. As long as you keep playing, I GUARANTEE you'll find another band (probably many). You have your entire life ahead of you. This is just the next step in your life and an open door for opportunity.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    You're only 14, and you have an album being released. As long as you keep playing, I GUARANTEE you'll find another band (probably many). You have your entire life ahead of you. This is just the next step in your life and an open door for opportunity.
    +1..............................when one door closes..............another one opens!

User Info Menu

See above. Great advice.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Thanks for all the advice! Luckily, my one friend in Philly is the most incredible guitarist and person I've ever met and she said she'd hook me up with cool people. And it's a short train ride to NY so hopefully I'll be able to come back to see my friends play
    I don't put a face on God. So he would probably look like Jimi Hendrix.
    - Chad Smith
    Everyone's screwed up in their own special way.
    Joey Ramone

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ramona View Post
    Thanks for all the advice! Luckily, my one friend in Philly is the most incredible guitarist and person I've ever met and she said she'd hook me up with cool people. And it's a short train ride to NY so hopefully I'll be able to come back to see my friends play
    Cool...........good luck

User Info Menu

Be sure you express these feelings to your bandmates. Who knows what the future will bring. Or who the future will bring. Keep learning and playing, and cherish the memories !!